Responsible for planning and implementing the communication strategies to extend the reach of Event Marketing Services, Inc. and its clients, including the Novant Health Charlotte Marathon. The successful candidate will demonstrate a unique ability to collaborate with team members to ensure all communication, events, creative design and campaigns support the brand and core values of Event Marketing Services, Inc. The successful candidate must also have a clear understanding of how to create and follow a budget.
Key areas of focus:
• Our Mission and Core Values – Everything we do is done with our Mission Statement and Core Values (see below).
• Our Brand – Our Brand is vital to our success. We must be the best at what we do and offer experiential excellence in all we deliver to our sponsors and participants. That includes our internal culture and the integrity with which we operate.
• Running Industry – Must possess and maintain an intimate understanding of the running industry and its culture to ensure our strategies stay ahead of the ever-changing trends and represent our brand.
Skills and daily activities:
• Must have experience with budgets and understand how they work.
• Develop and adhere to budgets for events.
• Create and execute marketing campaigns for all our events that tell stories and engage and inspire the running community to participate.
• Constantly monitor social media and respond appropriately when the opportunity arises or when necessary.
• Stay active on all marketing platforms to ensure our brands stay relevant and captivating.
• Develop and maintain our websites.
• Attend regional marathon expos and set up booths to promote the Novant Health Charlotte Marathon.
• Develop SEO strategies.
• Work with our marketing agency to develop and execute our marketing plan.
• Assist the Events and Operations Directors on executing event day tasks, including attending all our owned events.
• With the Events Director, create, develop and execute the various media assets used in all marketing campaigns.
• Work with our Ambassadors to develop participation from our Corporate Teams, Charitable Teams, Schools, Neighborhoods and Running Groups (Stores and Clubs).
• Must have command of the English language and impeccable writing skills including grammar, sentence structure and punctuation.
• Must have creative copywriting skills.
• Proactively research and analyze opportunities for brand awareness across a variety of platforms to engage our community.
• Coordinate projects in the community to share our brand.
• Own or collaborate on miscellaneous projects outside the marketing and social media realm, including hotel arrangements for the marathon participants and our team, marathon expo layout and set up, marathon online merchandise sales, marathon VIP program and registration. This is a partial list and, as a part of a small business team, you must be willing to adapt and wear many hats.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Advertising or a related field.
• 1-3 years marketing experience.
• Strategic thinker, problem solver, team player.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Flexible schedule – willingness to travel occasionally and work occasional weekends.
• Work independently.
• Passion for the running industry.
What we offer you:
• Paid Time Off.
• Store Discount Program.
• A monthly stipend in lieu of benefits.
• Flexible schedule.
Why work with us:
Run For Your Life is the local fitness hub. Our founding principle and mission is to Inspire People to Run, Walk and be Fit. Honor God, Respect, Serve: these are our core values and they guide everything we do. We honor God by looking outward, not inward. We respect and befriend all people who walk through our door. We serve our community by providing a way to connect. To be part of something bigger. To be inspired. To become the best version of yourself.