Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The primary purpose of this Peformance Testing role is to assist in the development of the software quality assurance (SQA) test strategy and project plans for moderately to highly complex IT initiatives across multiple SQA domains. This includes responsibility for assisting in the development of a formal GQS (Global Quality Services) Framework and providing end-to-end quality assurance throughout the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for moderately to highly complex IT initiatives in multiple SQA domains. Hours will vary as this is an onshore/offshore environment. Travel may be required.
• Assists in developing a formal GQS (Global Quality Services) Framework by applying an understanding of company software testing methodologies, quality standards and internal/external controls.
• Promotes continuous improvement and makes recommendations for framework enhancements.
• Participates in gate assessments for various SDLC stages with guidance from senior team members as appropriate.
• Assists in the development of software quality assurance (SQA) test strategy for moderately to highly complex IT initiatives across multiple SQA domains by analyzing business and technology requirements to ensure stability and traceability.
• Identifies, defines and mitigates issues, dependencies and risks related to testing.
• Develops and executes front and or back-end test case scenarios in accordance with the GQS framework and company testing methodology.
• Identifies and escalates quality risks, issues, conflicts and/or resistance across teams throughout the SDLC.
• Assists in the development of software quality assurance (SQA) project plans by participating in the identification of project scope and level-of-effort (LOE) estimates.
• Adheres to established SQA processes and controls.
• Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, CIS or related field.
• 6+ years experience in SQA.
• 2+ years experience in a leadership role.
• 7+ years performance test experience including scripting (web(http/html), PeopleSoft, web services, Siebel, RDP, RTE protocols) and execution.
• 4+ years leading performance test project efforts with onshore/offshore coordination.
• Minimum of 3 years of software development experience.
• Proficient in performance test methodologies, strategy, planning and non-functional requirements and workload modelling.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent coding skills in Java, C, C , C# and Python. Java Certification is preferred.
• Experience of tuning applications across platforms like mainframe, thin client and web based applications.
· Experience with diagnostics tools(CA Wily, dynatrace) to identify root cause.
· Experience in both Windows and UNIX environments.
· Deep knowledge of Java (or equivalent) programming language and design patterns from a performance point of view.
· Hands-on experience with performance testing/tuning JVM based applications.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.