Part-Time Social Media Editor
Rachel Sutherland Communications is growing quickly and we’re looking for someone to join us on our amazing ride. Every day is different at RSC. We have a passion for what we do: helping clients tell their stories through a variety of mediums. Part of why we love our work is because we’re not happy just punching the 9-5 clock and calling it a day. Often, our work takes us outside of our collective comfort zone. And we think that is awesome.
We are looking for someone who isn’t afraid to work hard (and play just as hard). Someone who excels at and genuinely enjoys finding solutions and tackling the task at hand. We need a team player who understands the value of clear, concise communications and the transformative power of consistent messaging across platforms. Someone who will love empowering clients through communications as much as we do.
The Social Media Editor will work with clients to collaborate, conceive and bring to life content on social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. You will also manage client social media accounts, interacting with fans and followers on their behalf. You must have a journalism degree or equivalent work experience, be comfortable with the major social media channels and possess a basic understanding of social media marketing best practices. It is important that you enjoy research and writing and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Skill/interest in photography or graphic design is a plus.
The Social Media Editor position is 20 hours a week (combination of office hours and remote work), with potential for additional hours as business/workload increases.
• Executing written and graphic content for client use on external platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Assist with client events, promotion and brand-building.
• Participate in brainstorming sessions.
• Client and vendor communication.
• Generating and proofing client content.
Skills and requirements:
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint (or Mac equivalent).
• Experience with social media marketing and best practices.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Strong interpersonal, writing and presentation skills.
• Ability to juggle priorities and meet numerous deadlines.
• Superior organization and creative skills.
• Ability to interact professionally at all levels of the business.
• Ability to prioritize and take direction.
• Firm grasp of the written English language.
• Resourceful self-starter able to work independently and take initiative.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and work samples or links to work samples. No phone calls, please.