Best Impressions Caterers is an award-winning, premier caterer in the Charlotte region with a nearly 30-year history of excellence having been in business since 1989. Our operation is headquartered in a state of the art, 24,000 square foot facility in Historic South End. Best Impressions Caterers provides culinary services for a wide range of discerning corporate, philanthropic and social events. In addition, we operate a portfolio of venues that include: Byron’s South End, The Terrace at Cedar Hill, The Barrel Room at Triple C and Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden. As a proud member of Leading Caterers of America, Best Impressions strives to maintain the reputation of being the industry leader in the Carolinas. We are a team of enthusiastic, hard-working, energetic and talented culinary professionals.
This position is for an event manager and requires the candidate be a self-motivated, driven individual with excellent communication and management skills. A strong passion for staying ahead of culinary trends is a must. The individual should also be creative and detail-oriented. You would need to have the ability to manage a staff up to 20 individuals, adhere to event timelines and identify and quickly resolve any problems that may arise. This is a part or full-time position based on the seasonality of the business, with the expectation for managing weeknight and/or weekend events throughout the year. We are currently bringing in candidates to work in a part-time capacity with the potential for the position to develop to a full-time role during peak season.
• Onsite (day-of) company representative for the entirety of the event.
• Communicate with and provide direction and supervision to team members to execute catering events.
• Has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively.
• Co-responsible for food quality through friendly and close cooperation with the chefs and kitchen.
• Supervise bar service during the function.
• Develop and maintain client and customer relationships.
• Coordinate with facility managers, on-site decorators, security and other vendors.
• Create a positive work environment.
• Relevant Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• 2 years experience in catering and/or hospitality management.
• Superior organizational and leadership skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong problem-solving abilities with attention to detail.
• Hourly wage ranging from $18-$24 per hour based on experience and skillset.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Best Impressions Caterers would like to thank all applicants, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.