The Yolk, a beloved breakfast spot formerly located in Rock Hill, is now open in the space formerly occupied by Local Loaf at 7th Street Public Market in Uptown.
The breakfast and lunch restaurant will have a limited menu for the next week before debuting dishes like their fried chicken and waffles and chorizo chili topped with queso and two sunny side up eggs.
If you’re going to get one dish, order their popular “Two If By Land” – cheddar grits, two eggs, toast ($8). The grits are heavenly.
The restaurant is owned by husband and wife team, Greg and Subrina Collier.
Hours are Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Subrina shared with the Agenda that up and coming chefs and food truck owners may do pop ups at the location for a month or so at a time. “We want to help people looking to try a brick and mortar location.”
Here’s the latest iteration of The Yolk’s full menu which will be in full swing within a week or so.
Breakfast served all day:
- Double Up – two eggs, choice of side, toast ($7, add meat for $4 more)
- Wisconsin – omelet with three ingredients, toast ($10)
- Brave Heart – egg white omelet with three ingredients, toast ($12)
- Mojo Hash – coffee braised steak, diced sweet potatoes, roasted mushrooms, with over easy egg, scallion pesto ($13)
- Shrimp & Grits – with smoked gouda, jerk shrimp, scallion pesto ($13)
- There’s Fire – brown butter biscuits w/ smoked chicken gravy, jalapeño jam ($8)
- Valley of the Sun – chorizo chili topped with queso fresco, corn tortilla, two sunny up eggs, salsa verde ($12)
- WWIII – Belgian waffle w/ three Springer Mountain Farms chicken wings, seasoned or buffalo ($13)
- Fugita Boutit – smoked salmon, caper cream cheese, pickled red onions, tomato, toasted bagel ($11)
- Two If By Land – cheddar grits, two eggs, toast ($8, add meat for $4 more)
- Benny Yolko – two eggs poached & Canadian bacon on English muffins with hollandaise sauce ($10)
- Benny Baja – two eggs poached, seasonal veg, English muffins with hollandaise sauce ($10)
- Yolk Wich – egg & cheese w/ red pepper jam on brioche bun ($7, add meat for $4 more)
- BGT – crispy bacon, local greens, & tomato on brioche bun ($8, add egg for $2 more)
- A Bird in the Hand – Springer Mountain Farms seasoned chicken on brioche bun with house-made pickles, charred jalapeño aioli ($8, add egg for $2 more)
- Sweet Potato Waffle – with pecan butter & maple whipped cream ($9)
- Daubenspeck – French toast with Dulce de leche & maple whipped cream ($9)
- Miller Stack – three buttermilk pancakes ($7)
- Southern Waffle – Belgian pecan waffle ($7)
Lunch menu (served from 11:30 a.m. to close):
- Da Bay – seasonal greens, granola, maple mustard, dried fruit, cheese ($9)
- Swalty – spinach, red wine vinegar, poached egg, candied bacon, toasted bread ($9)
- Sopa del dia – chef’s choice – ($5)
- Mansa – West african peanut stew, greens, Carolina Gold rice, sea island peas ($6)
- Da Haven – 6oz Beef burger, mushroom ketchup, cheddar cheese, stem chow chow, on a pretzel bun ($9)
- Kush – Carolina Gold rice and bean burger, sweet potato mustard, slaw, on a pretzel bun ($8)