Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Perform research under attorney direction, including, but not limited to: legal, factual and records research.
• Organize and analyze information.
• Organize case files including, but not limited to: indexing and Bates labeling records.
• Cross-check and validate information.
• Prepare written reports, correspondence, subpoenas, forms and other documents as directed.
• Locate and communicate with witnesses and experts as directed.
• Interact with clients and opposing counsel as necessary to effectively perform assigned duties for Attorney(s).
• Miscellaneous projects as requested.
• Assist attorneys in preparation for hearings.
• All other duties as required.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor Degree a plus, Paralegal Certificate/Certification or equivalent work experience.
• 2+ years relevant legal experience to develop necessary knowledge base.
• Litigation experience preferred.
• Experience with MS Office, Westlaw, case management software and Outlook.
• Experience with document production/management software.
• Ability to handle sensitive information confidentially and take proper precautions to protect information electronically and physically.
• Strong technological skills to include: research using internet and legal search systems, such as, Westlaw, ability to electronically organize and manipulate documents, ability to effectively manage calendars, strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Work, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Strong organization and prioritization skills.
• Ability to professionally and effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
• Perform duties with accuracy, quality and integrity.
• Handle simultaneous projects, effectively multi-tasking and remaining flexible to last-minute changes.
• Work in a team environment, while maintaining a pleasant disposition.
• Work independently while using appropriate level of discretion to complete projects/assignments as directed.
• Detail oriented.
• Thorough knowledge of legal principles, research techniques, legal terminology and medical terminology.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• The firm offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
• Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a profit sharing plan with a 401K option, generous paid leave and vacation, support for involvement in legal staff organizations and staff educational meetings and employee recognition programs.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.