Compass Group PLC is the largest multinational contract foodservice company headquartered in Chertsey, Surrey with US headquarters in Charlotte, NC. Compass Group has operations in about 50 countries and employs over 550,000 people. Canteen is the largest, fastest growing automated retail and coffee service company in the nation and a leader in top line growth and bottom line profitability for Compass. Vending, office coffee, micro-market and dining locations throughout 48 states and 200 corporate and franchise branches fuel this incredible growth and opportunity for our team. We are expanding our marketing team and searching for an enthusiastic, creative leader looking to advance their career with a fast-paced, exceptional organization. Canteen is a member of Compass Group USA.
• Key responsibilities include leading the marketing strategy and implementation plans for the vending, micro market channels and promotions. This includes driving national branding and standards, implementing retail innovations, creating marketing and promotional materials, publications and collateral support such as brochures, advertisements, custom presentations, proposals and other special projects for tradeshows and expos.
• Evolve and drive Canteen brand identity guidelines and standards throughout the country.
• Drive strategy for Canteen micro-market channel (Ave. C) nationally and leverage data to drive ROI.
• Coordinate field execution efforts with corporate merchandising and marketing initiatives.
• Plan and implement promotional efforts with vendors.
• Develop strategic marketing plan for the region.
• Drive same store sales growth.
• Develop a marketing strategy with corporate and field teams supporting operational growth, sales and rebid presentations.
• Support development of next generation Avenue C market leading design and fixtures.
• Create and manage relationships with Operations, Corporate, Communication and other SME’s.
• Collaborate with support functions and corporate departments to improve process, materials, procurement and methodology. Ensure that the Regional/Corporate goals are achieved within an established budget.
• Monitor and analyze market trends.
• Study competitors’ products and services.
• Explore ways of improving existing products and services to increase profitability.
• Identify target markets and develop strategies to communicate with them.
• Drive guest and client satisfaction.
• Professionally represent Canteen at sales presentations and leadership meetings.
• Display proper reasoning and judgment in analysis of issues and demonstrate ability to independently select a course of action.
• Ability to navigate from tactical to strategic initiatives with ease and flexibility.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Marketing or Brand Management
• BS in Marketing/Communications. MBA degree preferred
• Ability to influence and drive integration of marketing strategy into operational program and planning.
• Ability to prepare and manage marketing budget.
• Experience and/or knowledge of the Hospitality & Foodservice industries are strongly desired.
• Knowledge of a wide range of marketing techniques and concepts, as well as public relations and merchandising.Experience with sales initiatives.
• Experience managing the creative development process for marketing materials and collateral.
• Excellent communicator with strong technical aptitude who remains abreast of industry/technology trends (to include mobile marketing and social media) and has significant marketing and business acumen.
• Broad knowledge of social media methodologies and techniques as well as the ability to come up with alternative ideas to leverage technology.
• Marketing Project Management experience.
• Must be able to travel extensively (50%) nationally
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong design style and conceptual skill, including creative design solutions.
• Ability to effective manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
• Ability to work independently on strategic issues with client, capable of managing fairly complex projects
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines is essential for a fast-paced environment.
• MBA is preferred.
• Retail, Consumer Product Goods (CPG) or Consulting industry experience required.
• Will pay for relocation (position is based in Charlotte, NC).
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other classification protected by law.