Senior Scrum Master
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The Scrum Master is responsible for guiding multiple (more than regular scrum master) scrum teams through the use of Agile/Scrum practices and values for the purpose of delivering quality software and solutions back to the organization. This person must build trusted relationships with the team and with their stakeholders (Product Owners, Project Managers, Business Analysts, etc.) to ensure the needs of all team members are being met. This includes responsibility for driving overall standards for the Scrum Master discipline, mentoring Scrum Masters to ensure capabilities and skills are growing as well as leading the Scrum Community of Practice or a subcommittee of the community of practice and Enterprise process improvement efforts and be an advocate for change for IT. This role is critical to Lowe’s actively leading, providing oversight, assuring consistency in Lowe’s transition to becoming an Agile organization- a new way to approach software that will affect all of Lowe’s.
• Mentors scrum masters to higher skill set and performance and brings new tools and techniques to scrum community for continuous improvement.
• Works with cross-functional project managers to allocate the right resources, monitors performance and assures consistency across all solutions.
• Ensures the team follows standard processes while identifying opportunities for improvement and making recommendations to achieve those improvements.
• Recommends ways to resolve impediments and influences leadership to take action on these recommendations.
• Helps identify and remove impediments, escalates and guides project manager through impediments.
• Makes road mapping discussions to aid In the project planning process.
• Holds team accountable for delivery commitments and identify when commitments are at risk and helps team determine possible solutions to ensure commitments are met.
Experience and qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS or related field.
• 4+ years IT or related business experience.
• 3+ years’ experience providing project, product or team leadership.
• 2+ years’ experience working in a large matrixed organization.
• Experience performing the Scrum Master for a software development team utilizing SDLC.
• 1-2 experience with Agile methodologies (Kanban, TDD, etc.) and toolsets (Atlassian suite, etc).
• 4+ years’ experience in software development team.
• 2+ years corporate retail experience.
• First level Scrum Master Certification (CSM).
• CSP or PMI-ACP certification.
• 1 or more certifications from the ICAgile Certified Expert Agile Coaching track.
• Knowledge of Agile Project Management fundamentals as defined by the Project Management Institute in the Project Management Body of Knowledge.
• Experience in managing large multi-geography (global) teams.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.