The Art Director will report to the VP of Brand and interface with Alliance staff, print shop, members, advertising sales associates, outside printers/vendors, various constituencies and the public at-large.
You will be the visual brand ambassador responsible for concept, design and production of marketing/communications materials and graphic identity vision. As well as contribute to ongoing communications implementation, publications and divisional support as needed.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for planning, traffic, design and production of communications materials, including, but not restricted to, programs, brochures, invitations, advertisements, logos, signs, banners, emails, business cards, electronic mediums, etc.
• Manage and improve as necessary, processes for production of communications materials.
• Help identify budget and time reducing practices in the production of brand materials.
• Oversee and enforce graphic standards, evaluating and updating – as necessary – the alliance’s graphic identity.
• Managing vendor and member branding on all internal and external communications as brands are revised and updated.
• Organizes, files and communicates to staff properly identified headshots, signatures, titles, bios, logos, company names, etc. of members and member organizations.
• Provide graphic support to the website, email templates and company app as needed.
• Maintain record of printed samples and invoices specific to Art Director specific orders.
• Act as general support to the Brand Division when needed.
• Serve as the liaison for alliance information printed out-of-house, ensuring best price and quality.
• Work with internal and external graphic designers regarding print capabilities and graphic standards to ensure a quality, brand-specific product.
• Support the alliance’s fundraising campaign by assisting volunteers that request information and by fulfilling direct requests made by the campaign staff.
• Responsible for publications and Research and ED materials to be completed with high quality, competitive designs. Will also contribute to the planning and production of said design collateral.
• Assist Director of New Media with photography selection and assigning photographers (external or internal) photo assignments and deadlines for company assets as time and other priorities allow.
• Continue design and communication research, making sure the latest and most appropriate tools (i.e.: Guidebook) are being used properly and efficiently to better improve member experience with the chamber.
• Help interpret collected data from a brand/marketing standpoint.
• Responsible for designing and producing Annual Report (Book of Work) and Roadmap annually.
• Handle other requests and projects that may be assigned by the VP Brand, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer.
• Mac and PC experience, proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, DreamweaverHTML and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Experience with digital media production, animation and web design is a plus.
• Project management and leadership background are a must.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.