Product Developer, Card Platforms
Bank of America has grown to the 1st market position for purchasing cards and 2nd market position for travel cards based on the 2018 Nilson reports. The continued growth of our cards business is driven by ongoing investments and innovation in our commercial card capabilities to help our clients optimize their supplier and travel expenses. As a Product Developer on Bank of America’s Commercial Card and Comprehensive Payables Product Team, this teammate will be part of a dynamic, fast growing business and play a key role in delivering innovative solutions for some of the world’s largest companies.
This position will be responsible for managing and developing BAML’s client-facing card platforms and solutions for the commercial cardholder – simplifying, mobilizing and digitizing their experience interacting with the bank. The incumbent will own the strategic product development pipeline and roadmap for their global projects and will lead the creation of business cases, business requirements/user stories, prioritization, project management and tech funding requests for the projects they champion. They will also lead commercialization efforts around new capabilities as they are rolled out- partnering with Marketing and Sales to ensure we are maximizing the adoption and benefit of our investments. As a platform/capabilities expert, they will support Sales and Implementation as a solutions consultant on complex deals to help us win and grow business. They will also work with Technology, Operations and Servicing partners to optimize our expense associated with the solutions and will lead initiatives to drive down direct expenses while maintaining the highest level of quality and ongoing innovation.
• Deep understanding of global Commercial Cards products and platforms.
• Product development/software development lifecycle management.
• Project management.
• Effective communication.
• Innovative mindset.
• Ability to work on cross-functional, global teams in multiple time zones.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Specific knowledge/experience with any of the following platforms, TSYS, CentreSuite , Works™, Global Reporting and Account.
• Working knowledge of key regulations that impact card platforms in Europe/Asia.
• Invoice and accounts payable automation.