Director of Sales & Marketing
Leads and manages the day-to-day sales and marketing activities of the hotel with a focus on maximizing profitability and building long-term customer relationships. Develops and implements sales and marketing strategies to secure new corporate, group and transient/leisure business and maintain existing accounts. Oversees and assists the sales team in selling meeting and guest rooms, catering services and banquet facilities.
• Directs the daily activities of a sales team of 6 – 8 team members. Mentors, coaches and provides support on larger and/or more complex accounts.
• Makes sales calls, schedules in-person appointments and conducts hotel site tours to secure business.
• Develops and implements property-wide marketing and sales strategies to increase market share and RevPAR.
• Develops and monitors team member and department sales goals.
• Prepares and manages the annual department budget. Monitors the property’s sales performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established plan and to accurately report variances.
• Interfaces with regional marketing communications for regional and national promotions pull through.
• Attends community and business-related events (e.g., Chamber of Commerce, trade associations) in order to develop relationships with community groups, associations and companies to increase brand/product awareness.
• Evaluates the property’s participation in the various sales channels (e.g., area sales, group sales, electronic lead channels) and develops strong working relationships to proactively position and market the property.
• Maintains awareness of the hotel’s market position by reviewing competitive shopping reports, researching competitors’ sales strategies and related activities.
• Generates proposals, writes contracts and prepares customer correspondence.
• Assists with developing and updating sales collateral.
• Implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations to ensure delivery of a consistent high level of service.
• Prepares weekly and monthly sales reports.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, hotel and restaurant management or related field preferred.
• 4+ years luxury hotel sales and marketing experience.
• Supervisory experience.
Skills and abilities:
• Willingness to travel locally and regionally on a regular basis and on a national basis occasionally.
• Proficient computer experience using Microsoft Office.
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to sit for extended periods, walk and stand occasionally to moderately, talk, hear, listen, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
• Ability to push, pull, lift, carry or otherwise move up to 10 pounds.