The Marketing/Communications Manager oversees all marketing, communications and public relations for Trinity Episcopal School, ensuring accuracy and consistency in brand, quality, message and execution. This person collaborates with the Visual Communications Coordinator to implement all of the above. This postition will Report directly to the Director of Advancement.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
• Develop and implement annual strategic marketing plan school-wide, as well as specific marketing plan for Office of Admission in partnership with the Director of Advancment and senior administrative team.
• Oversee and execute any necessary market research used to inform strategies and tactics. Collect and analyze data on all marketing strategies to make informed decisions.
• Work with Directors of Advancement and Admission in surveying various constituencies and assist in the collation, interpretation and application of the results of surveys for overall school improvement.
• Work with the Office of Admission and the Director of Advancement to outline and implement long and short-term marketing/communications and recruitment strategies that ensure visibility with targeted constituencies.
• Work with Advancement and Admission departments and the senior admin team to ensure accuracy and consistency in quality and message for all departments and constituencies of the School.
• Develop and/or oversee all internal and external school communications including weekly school newsletter, the school magazine, marketing and fundraising materials, social media and public relations, including communications from Parents’ Association.
• Oversee schedule and production of school-wide print and online communications and promotional materials, including all newsletters, admission materials, annual reports and general school publications.
• Oversee schedule, production and strategy for annual advertising plan, media buys and design.
• Serve as liaison with print vendors and specialty advertisers.
• Write and distribute media releases and cultivate relationships with key media representatives, route all media inquiries through School’s communication channels.
• Work with the Advancement Team and other School departments to promote and support annual events such as Grandfriends’ Day, donor receptions, Spring Arts Festival, Baccalaureate, Commencement and other school-wide events.
• Maintain archives of all electronic (photos, videos, media coverage, etc.) and print files (news coverage, promotional materials, etc.) for School.
• Coordinate any video needs for the School, including management of relationships with outside production companies and creation/production of in-house video.
• Oversee and manage all social media efforts for the school, sharing creative, thorough and relevant content in a timely manner. Use analytics to create strong strategy around social media presence.
• Serve as staff advisor for volunteer Yearbook committee.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and qualities:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Communications.
• Must be proficient with the following computer programs: MS Word and Outlook, publishing, design, photo and web-based software.
• Experience with Google Apps a plus (ie. Google Docs, Google Drive).
• Experience with Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, software such as Mailchimp, iMovie also a plus.
• Strong writing/editing skills required.
• Must possess a strong ability to read, write, edit and proofread in English and be able to communicate via words and photographs to our different constituencies.
• Must be able to compare estimated costs of printing, advertising, rentals, etc., to calculate print sizes and percentages.
• Photography skills a plus.
• Experience and/or skills in Videography a plus.
• Proficiency in Spanish a plus.
• Familiarity with and commitment to the mission of independent schools and Trinity Episcopal School and a commitment to our three primary values of scholarship, diversity and spirituality is a must.
• Integrity, sound judgment, self-confidence, maturity and a sense of perspective.
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation, writing, organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to be a self-starter and initiator and ability to work effectively, both independently and on a team.
• A high level of energy and strong time management to work on many tasks/projects.
• A love for children and a willingness to go above and beyond in the best interests of students.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to students, alumni and alumni families, faculty and staff of varying racial, ethnic, religious, gender, cultural, disability, sexual orientation and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Candidate must be able to frequently perform duties in a stationary position and occasionally traverse campus and Uptown Charlotte.
Salary and benefits:
Trinity Episcopal School is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding employees through a compensation plan that compares favorably with those of other independent schools both locally and nationwide. Individual salary levels are competitive and are determined by educational background and experience.