PR Account Manager
Walker Marketing is an award-winning, Charlotte, NC-area integrated marketing agency specializing in advertising, public relations and digital marketing services in the healthcare, senior living and economic development and tourism categories.
Walker Marketing is seeking a Public Relations Account Manager with at least 3 years of agency experience. The successful candidate has excellent writing skills and understands how to implement a media relations, content marketing and social media strategy that engages key audiences and advances clients’ objectives.
Our ideal candidate is tuned to the day’s news and trends and has a desire to use the entire PR toolkit, including drafting press releases, building media lists, pitching media and getting our clients covered by targeted media outlets, including consumer and vertical publications. Among the tasks that the successful candidate will take on: crafting media pitches that attract the attention of reporters and drafting op-eds with a firm understanding of how to seamlessly weave in the client.
Here’s some more insight into the role. The successful candidate will have:
• The initiative, sense of urgency and desire to turn challenges into successes for our clients.
• The ability to create content ideas that engage target audiences and interest news reporters.
• Strategically-focused with an understanding of how a strong strategy should support all tactics recommended to the client.
• A positive attitude and desire to produce fantastic results for our clients.
• Strong research and reporting skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, the tenacity to pick up the phone and talk with reporters about story angles and the ability to lead a client meeting.
• A team player who communicates well with the agency’s other internal departments, including account service, creative and digital.
Education and work experience:
• A bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or related field with a minimum of 3 years of experience working within a PR or advertising agency.
• Experience in senior living or health care means your resume moves to the top of the stack.
• 19 days of PTO/vacation time, plus holidays.
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
• Matching 401(k) retirement plan.
• Performance bonuses and more.
Send resume and cover letter with 3 writing samples to Matt Lochel, Director of Account Services and Public Relations, at email@example.com.