Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates, PA (CEENTA), the region’s premier eye, ear, nose and throat care provider for adults and pediatric patients for more than 90 years is looking to add to their team. We are currently looking for an Optician with a customer-centered approach and who are service-minded sales professionals. This position does not require that the selected candidate be a licensed Optician but welcomed. The position is Full Time located in South Park and may occasionally travel to other offices. CEENTA does reimburse for mileage.
CEENTA has been recognized and awarded some of the most prestigious workplace awards including being named, one of North Carolina’s Best Places to Work, one of Charlotte’s Most Family-Friendly Companies and Healthiest Employers in the greater Charlotte NC area. Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance coverage on the first day of employment and an employer matched 401(k).
The ideal candidate should be professional, detail oriented and love being a part of a team focused on providing excellent services for our company. Ideal candidates would have a “can do and will do” attitude and demonstrate the ability to contribute positively to the team. You will assist patients with the selection and fitting of their prescription eyewear while assisting the physician by providing medical treatment and medical care services to patients by performing duties within the scope of the policy and procedures defined by Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Utilize Point of Sale and EMR software to input patient eyewear orders.
• Educate patients of frame and lens options to expedite.
• Verify correctness of Rx in prescription eyewear received from lab.
• Operate other optical equipment to facilitate manufacture of eyewear.
• Troubleshoot eyewear to eliminate patient concerns and adjust accordingly.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of opticianry.
• Maintain appearance of the optical dispensary.
• Evaluate and manage patient concerns with any issues with eyewear.
Education and/or experience
• High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
• A minimum of 2 years or more of working in an optical setting.
• Previous experience with EHR system preferred.
• Customer-centered sales experience a plus.
• Successful Optical Sales experience preferred.
• Optician License not required but welcomed.
Skills and abilities
• Opticianry, customer service and organizational skills, data entry, written and verbal communication skills, ability to maintain positive team oriented attitude with an attention to details.
• Microsoft Office experience preferred, especially Outlook.
• Computer software network applications, practice management software and applicable electronic medical record software.