Customer Support Service
OrthoCarolina is one of the nation’s leading independent academic orthopedics practices serving North and South Carolina and the Southeast since 1922. OrthoCarolina provides compassionate and comprehensive musculoskeletal care including operative and non-operative care, diagnostic imaging and rehabilitative therapy. Widely known for musculoskeletal research and training, OrthoCarolina physicians have specialized expertise in foot and ankle, hip and knee, shoulder and elbow, spine, sports medicine, hand, pediatric orthopedics and physical medicine and rehabilitation. We commit to improving the lives of all we serve, by providing premier patient care and compassionate, personalized service. Over 300 OrthoCarolina providers see more than one million patient visits throughout western North Carolina each year.
We are currently searching for a Customer Service Specialist to join our team in our OrthoCarolina Business Office in Charlotte. Under general supervision and according to prescribed procedures, The Customer Service Representative is responsible for courteously answering and routing business office patient account phone calls to the appropriate individuals within the company. They assist patients with their account questions and any questions pertaining to the OrthoCarolina business office. Additional responsibilities will include processing electronic insurance claims, along with generating and analyzing custom claims reports. Our Customer Support Representatives are responsible for the processing of insurance claims for secondary payers and processing credit card transactions and posting them to patient accounts. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter and can represent OC and the Customer Service team with excellence.
To be successful in this position, a Customer Service Representative:
• Will have solid health care and/or medical billing experience.
• Has experience in processing electronic insurance claims, along with generating and analyzing claim report.
• Knows how to process insurance claims for secondary payers, as well as processing credit card transactions and posting them to patient accounts.
• Is comfortable with a job that requires very heavy phone work and can stay centered and focused in a high volume environment (over 100 calls per day!).
• Is articulate and has a professional phone voice.
Benefits offered include:
• Competitive salary package.
• Health, Dental and Vision insurance.
• Health Savings Account.
• Life insurance.
• Short/Long term disability insurance.
• Tuition Reimbursement.
• Voluntary Home/Auto insurance.
• Voluntary Accident/Cancer insurance.
• Voluntary Legal Shield/Identity Theft.
• Health Advocate – Employee Benefit Resource.
• 401(k) retirement plan.
• Profit sharing plan.
Why work with us:
At OrthoCarolina, our team is our greatest asset and the foundation of our success, we share a common passion for making lives better. We are a diverse group of individuals, accountable to each other through the backbone of our beliefs: trust, honesty and mutual respect, ensuring our voice is heard. Our positive environment supports individual growth and a sense of belonging. Our employees work together to uphold the standards of excellence and promote and environment of teamwork throughout the organization. A career at OrthoCarolina will provide you with opportunities for career advancement, dedicated peer support and continuing education. Our company is committed to providing our employees with the utmost positive work environment.
If these attributes align with the job culture you are seeking – then OrthoCarolina might be the right fit for you.