Accounts Payable Specialist
We are looking for someone to take on the role as Somerset Apartment Management Group’s Accounts Payable Specialist. We are looking someone with enthusiastic attention to detail and passion for driving a company forward. We need this person to be flexible in their role and a self-starter who is able to work within an entrepreneurial environment and support multiple properties at once.
• Performs all levels of Accounts Payable (preparing bills, invoices, statements and vouchers).
• Reconciles bills, checks balances, resolves discrepancies and maintains vendor files.
• Submits quarterly reserve draw requests to lenders.
• Supports external and internal audits and due diligence requirements related to accounts payable.
• Assists in month-end, quarter-end and year-end closings preparations.
• Assists in preparation of consolidated financial statements for external reporting.
• Assists with preparation of internal management reporting and other ad hoc reporting requests.
Skills and requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferable.
• 1-2 years professional experience, within property management industry a plus.
• General Microsoft knowledge, including word, excel, outlook.
• General Adobe knowledge.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, preferable.
• Must be self-starter with ability to show strong initiative and follow-through skills.
• Ability to think on her/his feet when solving problems is essential.
• Ability to complete projects with minimal direction.
• Excellent attention to detail, as well as time management skills.
• Able to support multiple teams across the US.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Thrives in a collaborative, team player office environment.
• Ability to interface well with staff and external contacts.
• Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Strong organizational skills.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.