We are looking for someone to take on the role as Somerset Apartment Management Group’s Accounts Payable Specialist. We are looking someone with enthusiastic attention to detail and passion for driving a company forward. We need this person to be flexible in their role and a self-starter who is able to work within an entrepreneurial environment and support multiple properties at once.
• Performs all levels of Accounts Payable (preparing bills, invoices, statements and vouchers).
• Reconciles bills, checks balances, resolves discrepancies and maintains vendor files.
• Submits quarterly reserve draw requests to lenders.
• Supports external and internal audits and due diligence requirements related to accounts payable.
• Assists in month-end, quarter-end and year-end closings preparations.
• Assists in preparation of consolidated financial statements for external reporting.
• Assists with preparation of internal management reporting and other ad hoc reporting requests.
Skills and requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferable.
• 1-2 years professional experience, within property management industry a plus.
• General Microsoft knowledge, including word, excel, outlook.
• General Adobe knowledge.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, preferable.
• Must be self-starter with ability to show strong initiative and follow-through skills.
• Ability to think on her/his feet when solving problems is essential.
• Ability to complete projects with minimal direction.
• Excellent attention to detail, as well as time management skills.
• Able to support multiple teams across the US.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Thrives in a collaborative, team player office environment.
• Ability to interface well with staff and external contacts.
• Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Strong organizational skills.