Senior Technical Product Manager
MirrorMate LLC is a manufacturer and national marketer of a patented system for custom framing a mirror while it is on the wall. Fifty percent of the company’s sales are to individuals via its website, the remaining is B to B via its dealer/trade network and to the multifamily industry, with most commercial orders placed through its site. The current custom site debuted early 2018 and allows for more control by the Company than previous sites. The company desires to retain a highly-skilled individual to head its myriad technology challenges and initiatives and project manage these changes and opportunities as the company continues its strong growth path – there’s never a dull moment.
As Senior Technical Product Manager at MirrorMate, you will lead development projects, acting as the critical, central hub between MirrorMate executive management and our external development partners.
You will play a key role in the shaping and directing implementation of MirrorMate’s technical products, from our eCommerce store to our mobile site as well as to operations-related advancements. Every decision should be targeted to meet customer need and/or reduce cost. Projects at MirrorMate will challenge you to apply your product management expertise to develop solutions that drive profitability.
MirrorMate is open to a variety of employment models from long-term consultancy to full-time employment.
It is anticipated the Manager will serve on the Management committee and work directly with the CFO, Operations Director, Marketing Director and the company’s developer and digital marketing firm. This individual will take over communication and project management with the developer, Website Pipeline as well as other third-party vendors. The manager will supervise the on-staff programmer. This person sits in the middle of all discussion involving technology
for MirrorMate, including back-end (i.e. manufacturing, fulfillment, etc.) improvements.
• Has decision-making power on priorities for the website. Tasked with improving profitability, this individual will work together with and bring a technology perspective to the current MirrorMate decision-makers.
• Owns relationship with the developer, Website Pipeline (“WP”). Is single point of contact, sets priorities, manages tasks and projects and communicates needs. Is tasked with minimizing developer costs while supporting marketing and sales needs.
• Owns relationship with Sage, the company’s accounting and data system and MirrorMate’s Sage consultant firm. Works with MirrorMate’s CFO in recommending efficiencies and in assuring delivery of projects. Overall, tasked to maintain minimal costs and performance and to ensure secure and redundant systems.
• Makes decisions on third party technology vendors. Works with internal teams to determine requirements, research available partners and make decisions on optimal solutions.
• Takes over decision-making on SEO and technical consultants. SEO is an artform because requirements are ever changing and therefore different vendors will have different opinions. This person will review inputs and decide who to continue working with or take over SEO recommendations entirely.
• With Marketing Director and CEO, monitors analytics dashboard of performance of paid digital marketing programs.
• Continued ownership of WP, Sage and other technology partnerships and prioritizations based on the changing eCommerce space, new features available from tech partners and changing requirements from tech partners.
• Scoping and prioritization of internal feature requests with all technology partners. Prioritization based on ROI agreements.
• Improvements in interaction from sales orders to optimizing fulfillment systems.
• Develops with Operations Director and coordinates any technology improvements in manufacturing and with CFO in fulfillment process.
• Work with current development, SEO and marketing consultants to define and drive prioritized updates to our eCommerce platform in an Agile work environment.
• Perform user testing and research to deeply understand the end user’s needs.
• Apply research, analytics and experience to determine product direction.
• Successfully manage projects within time and budget constraints.
• Lead stakeholders and team members to accomplish project goals.
• Lead QA process and perform product testing as needed.
Required skills and experience:
• 4 years of product management experience with B2C or B2B products. Bonus points if you have worked with both.
• Passion for developing innovative web and mobile products.
• Proven ability to prioritize roadmaps based on KPIs and analytics.
• Ability to explain complex concepts clearly to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Ability to balance responsibilities on multiple project initiatives at once.
• Experience working collaboratively with engineers to create digital products.
• Positive attitude and solution-driven mindset.
• Empathetic team player who assumes positive intentions.
• Comfortable taking on initiatives and delivering results without day to day management.
• Extremely organized and focused on the high-value outcomes.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Experience managing eCommerce products.
• Knowledge of the engineering process and experience describing engineering tasks with acceptance criteria.
• Experience managing responsive web applications a plus.
• Experience with Sage accounting system a plus.
• Knowledge of SEO best practices a plus.
• Experience with email marketing (specifically MailChimp) a plus.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MirrorMate is an Equal Opportunity Employer.