Charlotte-based Northwood Office was established by Northwood Investors LLC – a privately held, global real estate investment and management firm – to provide a complete approach to fulfilling office space needs. Offering best-in-class services in commercial development, leasing and property management, Northwood Office is committed to creating and sustaining work environments that inspire by focusing on enhancing quality of life, productivity, flexibility and community.
Assist in the management of a large portfolio of Class A office buildings to include service provider management. In addition, role is to maintain and develop tenant relationships, provide a high level of tenant customer service through a complex work order system and the accounting function to include budget preparation and the reconciliation and coding of invoices related to building expenses.
Tenant relations, service and retention
• Coordinate tenant move-in/move-out schedules from beginning to end.
• Coordinate new tenant orientation.
• Train and retrain tenants on the Tenant Portal work order system as needed.
• Send tenant 1st year anniversary cards.
• Coordinate tenant goodwill events through Tenant Services Coordinator.
• Visit tenants and schedule individual tenant lunches.
• Provide back-up for Building Services/dispatch.
• Facilitate resolving tenant service requests/issues outside Building Services capabilities.
• Inform tenants of scheduled work in their buildings.
• Coordinate winter holiday decorations and tenant gifts.
• Assist property management team during inclement weather events onsite or remotely..
• Track expirations and obtain updates from leasing team (team meetings).
• Create and maintain tenant lease files, building files, up-fit files and development files.
• Coordinate scanning building files, projects or plans, etc. into M-Files and other scan projects of plans, etc.
• Audit, collect and verify certificates of insurance from tenants and vendors.
• Perform quarterly AMAG audits and coordinate changes/updates from tenants.
• Provide AMAG reports upon tenant’s request.
• Prepare all written correspondence to tenants, vendors, etc. as needed for manager review/approval.
• Update Building Engines work order system (Lease Abstracts, Calendars, contact information, etc).
• Maintain updated One Call Now emergency tenant contact database.
• Maintain updated tenant contact information spreadsheets.
• Update Outlook v-cards of tenants, vendors, colleagues, etc.
• Update cleanable SF spreadsheet and advise janitorial company.
• Update building master log spreadsheet as necessary.
• Update Tenant Manual, move in/move out checklists as needed.
• Check and reply to emails and phones messages daily.
• Answer manager’s phone in manager’s absence or as requested.
• Schedule and attend internal team meetings, to include agenda, minutes and follow-up.
• Attend property management/development meetings and report on agenda items as needed.
• General office duties (faxing, copying, filing, etc).
• Sort, disseminate and code invoices for PM approval.
• Compile Variance notes.
• Monitor, collect and follow up on monthly delinquencies.
• Prepare rental demand letters and default letters for delinquent accounts.
• Monitor, follow up and collect on tenant delinquencies.
• Update collection notes in MRI.
• Bill tenants for additional HVAC usage.
• Bill tenants for additional access cards.
• Compile budget information in preparation of creating new budgets.
Maintenance and other
• Perform building inspections, document inspection, distribute to manager and engineer.
• Create and send work orders to the engineer / HVAC technician as needed.
• Send service requests and maintenance issues to vendors.
• Obtain vendor proposals for capital projects.
• Order building supplies as needed (benches, trash cans, patio furniture, signs, etc).
• Review work order reports and follow up accordingly.
• Schedule preventive maintenance (pressure washing, window washing, etc).
• Track and coordinate capital projects to completion.
• Conduct vendor bids for bulk pricing (i.e., contracts and/or large projects).
• Assist in selection of vendor services, negotiation of contracts and monitors performance.
• Assist in special projects.
• Candidate must primarily have a positive attitude, be a consummate team player, flexible and self-motivated.
• Candidate with a 4-year bachelor’s degree is preferred and 1 year of experience in commercial real estate a plus.
• In addition, candidate must be competent in the Microsoft Office packages to include Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Individual must also demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills along with excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience in database management and maintenance also a plus.
• Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
• All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
• This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
• Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
• The company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee’s job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
• This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than “at will” employment relationship.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.