Moishe House is what being Jewish in your 20s is all about. Launched in 2006 when four Jewish 20-somethings began hosting Shabbat dinners in Oakland, California for their friends, Moishe House provides a space for over 60,000 young adults around the world to create meaningful, welcoming Jewish communities for themselves and their peers. To date, there are more than 100 communities in over 25 countries and we’re still growing.
The Moishe House team works towards our mission by believing in themselves and each other, collectively creating innovative ways to reach young adults. With the generous gifts from our donors, we observe the highest standards of stewardship of all the resources placed in our trust.
The Communications Manager is a member of the global Marketing team and works with the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications to develop and implement organizational marketing and communications strategy, craft internal and external messaging, contribute to digital and print engagement campaigns and support efforts to inspire and mobilize our supporters and community builders. We are seeking a creative thinker to play a key role in conveying Moishe House’s global impact and optimally position the organization for success.
This position requires weekday office hours plus occasional weekends or evenings, occasional travel to complete job requirements, is located in Charlotte, NC and reports to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications.
What you will do:
• Create compelling print and digital content through excellent writing, storytelling, graphic design, photo selection and brand implementation with a specific focus on audience engagement.
• Manage Moishe House’s website and social media accounts.
• Continually assess and improve online and offline communications efficacy.
• Be responsible for coordination and consistency of messages across channels and mediums.
• Create and distribute internal and external print and digital marketing communications materials, newsletters, brochures and similar collateral.
• Work with the communications team to manage and implement an online fundraising strategy.
Who you are:
• You believe in our mission and bring creativity, innovation and hard work to our team.
• You have a passion for serving others, place high value in being part of a strong team and want to be part of a dynamic, inspirational organization.
• You exemplify our Moishe Mindset to those you work with and meet throughout your journey at Moishe House.
• You provide communications, story-sharing and media presence throughout the organization and beyond and support our community builders in their valuable work.
What we are looking for:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing and/or Public Relations work required. Additional 4 years of full-time relevant experience may be substituted for the degree.
• 3-5 years relevant professional experience in communications and/or marketing.
• Demonstrated superior writing, storytelling and editing skills for print and digital media.
• Competency in the use of Adobe Creative Suite and social media design tools (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
• Experience managing paid marketing channels and demonstrated expertise with technologies and best practices for social media platforms.
• Proficiency with web publishing (WordPress CMS preferred), email marketing platform (Mailchimp or similar) and CRMs (Salesforce or similar).
• Experience developing and implementing strategic communications initiatives, crafting messages to fit distinctive audiences and working on successful digital engagement campaigns.
• Demonstrated effective problem-solving skills, with ability to articulate straightforward and creative solutions.
• Ability to multitask and monitor several projects at all times, to work well under pressure and to manage time effectively.
• Effective demonstration of the Moishe Mindset.
• Direct Moishe House experience (as staff, resident, host and/or community member) preferred.
Why work with us:
• We provide competitive compensation based on your match to the position requirements.
• Generous benefits package, including health/dental/vision, 401k match, Flexible Spending Account, Paid-Time-Off and U.S. and Jewish Holidays.
• Great professional and Jewish development, mentoring and skill-building opportunities.
• Occasional travel for Moishe House staff and learning retreats.
• A fun work environment with awesome co-workers.
• And, last but not least, the support of the amazing global Moishe House community.
Email cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Manager, Communications_firstname_ lastname” in the subject line.
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information or sexual orientation.