Business Analyst – Markets
• Applies technical knowledge in determining end to end design requirements for large projects involving line of business, software/hardware developers and vendors.
• Work closely with business partners to define strategies for technical solutions, determine requirements and develop functional designs based on the analysis of line of business needs, objectives and existing systems infrastructure.
• Drives and participates in design, development and implementation of large and complex enterprise-wide applications, often using new technologies.
• Work closely with developers and testers to ensure requirements and functional designs are translated accurately into working technical designs and that test plans and scripts serve customer needs.
• May manage projects including responsibility for a project and project budget.
• Works under minimal supervision on enterprise-wide projects requiring creative solutions.
• IT degree preferred or substantially equivalent experience.
• Typically requires a minimum of 5-7 years of applicable experience.
• This job code is only to be used for Employees supporting Global Markets.
• Act as key agile team liaison across businesses units, other agile teams and the program team.
• Contributing to the successful implementation of assigned features by ensuring that all the required elements are appropriately understood, documented, owned and actioned by the team.
• Work with business units to analyze processes, functions and procedures to determine the most effective business solutions to meet the needs of the business objectives.
• Partners with Business Partners and application SMEs to identify and mitigate risk and execute upon end to end technology development to deliver solutions.
• Manages to timelines and communicates feature status and has matrix management responsibility.
• Attends weekly scrum of scrum, quarterly program iteration planning and inspect and adapt.
• Partner with the agile team to help facilitate sprint events (stand up, planning, demo and retrospective.
• Applies technical/business knowledge in determining end to end design requirements for large initiatives involving line of business and agile teams.
• Work closely with developers and testers to ensure requirements and designs are translated accurately into working stories and that test plans and scripts serve customer needs.
• Works under minimal supervision on line of business projects requiring creative solutions.
• Must have 3-5 years of experience as an Agile leader (Scrum Master preferred).
• CSM certification or Safe Agilest 3.0/4.0.
• Strong experience with JIRA.
• Expert in MS Visio/Office Suite and process mapping.
• Previous experience in the financial services field, preferably within the treasury or trade products.
• Excellent analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application requirements.
• Excellent relationship management, communication, teamwork and influence skills, ability to operate at senior levels in both written and verbal communications interacting professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers and subject matter experts.
• Highly versed in various SDLC methodologies, including waterfall and agile software development lifecycle
• Moderate SQL skills.
• Strongly detail oriented, organized and analytical.
• Self-motivated and can work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Proficient with MS Office applications: Excel, MS Project, Visio, Word and PowerPoint.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information/Computer Science or business-related field.