Senior Graphic Designer
At Theory House, we partner with global retailers and brands, including Pepsi, Google, Starbucks, Delta Faucet, Lowe’s, McCormick and The Fresh Market, to transform their retail brand experiences. We’ve activated for Pepsi at the Super Bowl. We’ve helped Google launch globally. We are the voice for Delta Faucet at retail. And we continue to seek opportunities to innovate at retail.
We are seeking ambitious designers to join our creative team. At Theory House, teamwork comes first. So your core values should match ours.
• You are optimistic – We cast optimistic visions – harnessing the power of strategic creativity – and courageously pursue them by pushing beyond the ordinary.
• You are collaborative – At Theory House, we check drama at the door. We collaborate, support and empathize with each other and with our clients. We believe the best ideas are built together.
• You are driven – We work to be the best. We’re a team of driven, proactive self-starters who never shy away from complex challenges. We enjoy the process of solving problems.
Who you are:
• You’re an expert at what you do.
• You know design. You love design. You inherently use design to achieve complex business goals.
• You’re fluent in Adobe Creative Suite and the MacOS environment.
• You have a passion for both the big idea and the details.
• Retail isn’t just on your resume. It’s in your blood.
• You understand the sanctity of a brand – and when to push it.
• You have excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
• You can create remarkable solutions while you’re juggling multiple tight deadlines and clients.
• You use research, observation and strategy insights as the north star for what you do.
• You are as comfortable with rough sketches, storyboards and mockups as you are with the latest design software and are eager to roll up your sleeves and make cool stuff.
• You’re flexible and embrace feedback, knowing it makes our work better and smarter.
• You push your work beyond the obvious solutions, because the best answer is rarely the first one.
• You can manage other in-house and partner design, photography, video, illustration, etc. resources.
What you will do:
• Collaborate with other creatives, brand strategists, account services, our partners and our clients to develop remarkable creative solutions that meet client needs and agency objectives.
• Participate in and/or lead creative kickoff, creative brainstorming sessions, internal creative team reviews, agency internal reviews and client presentations throughout the project.
• Lead and/or oversee the design development on projects, including mentoring other design/creative/ production resources as needed.
• Present agency work (internally and externally) with passion and professionalism.
• Review final design, finished art and conceptual material per brand guidelines and project objectives. Execute/supervise the alteration or correction of such materials.
• Maintain fluency with software and production techniques.
• Monitor the integrity and quality of finished solutions from concept through production release.
• Proactively problem solve and drive to solution as needed.
• Work with the Creative Director to continually improve design strength and creative product.
• Identify and understand relevant retail dynamics and market trends.
• Minimum 6 years of experience in a design role in a fast-paced agency or in-house environment.
• Master of Adobe Creative Suite, proficient in Microsoft Office, highly skilled in a MacOS environment.
• Strong portfolio of proven, innovative, solid work.
• Experience developing successful concepts and implementing them through design solutions, many of which have been adopted by clients.
• Degree in visual/graphic design or formal design training.
• Ability to skillfully manage a high volume of work in a deadline driven environment.
• Expertise in the tools required to do your work and the drive to maintain that expertise.
Additional desired skills/experience
• Web design + coding.
• Comp building.
• Retail visual merchandising design.
• Large-scale display design.
• Physical prototyping.
• Keynote/presentation design.
• Illustration and photography.