‘Act well your part; there all the honor lies’ – Alexander Pope
I hope you got to see some fantastic theatre last month in the Queen City. There was plenty to see. September shows no sign of slowing down.
I got to catch a gem of a show: Three Bone Theatre’s “4000 Miles” at Upstage. Marilyn Carter played the aging Vera. Her performance was a master class in acting. If you missed it, you certainly missed out.
But that’s the best part about plays. When a play comes down it allows a new theatrical gem to step into the light. September is going to be slammed. Buckle down – go see some theatre.
- “La Cage Aux Folles” at Theatre Charlotte. Directed by Dennis Delmar, this roaring cast is poised to break down barriers one feather boa at a time. September 11-27. Tickets $12-$27. Go
- “August Wilson’s Gem of the Ocean” presented by Evening Start Productions at Duke Energy Theatre at Spirit Square. Now – September 5. Tickets $15-$20. Go
- “Motown the Musical” at Belk Theatre. Now-September 6. Tickets $20-129.50. Go
- “The Patron Saint of Losing Sleep” at Actor’s Theatre of Charlotte. September 4-26. Tickets $16.50-$33. Go
- “The Money Shot” presented by Queen City Theatre Company at Duke Energy Theatre at Spirit Square. September 10-19. Tickets $23-25. Go
- “Lunch at the Piccadilly” presented by The Playworks Group at Booth Playhouse. September 17-October 4. Tickets $10-$42. Go
- “One Man Breaking Bad” presented by Blumenthal Performing Arts at McGlohon Theater. September 24-25. Tickets $20. Go
- “The Trip to Bountiful” presented by CPCC at Pease Auditorium. September 25-October 4. Tickets $5-$18. Go
- “House of Ichabod Part 2” presented by R&M Productions at Duke Energy Theatre at Spirit Square. September 25-26. Tickets $25-$30. Go
- “Beauty and the Beast” presented by Blumenthal Performing Arts at Belk Theater. September 29-October 4. Tickets $25+. Go
- “Spunk” presented by On Q Productions at Duke Energy Theater at Spirit Square. September 30-October 10. Tickets $28. Go
A little bit north
- “Wonder of the World” presented at The Warehouse Performing Arts Center in Cornelius. September 11-26. Tickets $15-$20. Go
For the kids (both young and young at heart)
- “Children’s Theatre: Elephant and Piggie’s We are in a Play!” at Children’s Theatre of Charlotte. September 26-October 11. Tickets: $12-$26. Go
A little bit south:
- “Death in Them Thar Hills” produced by Union County Playmakers at Treehouse Vineyards in Monroe. September 11-18. Tickets $15-$27. Go
- “Midsummer/Jersey” at Rock Hill Community Theatre. September 11-20. Tickets $10-20. Go
Coming in October
- “Bad Jews” at Actors Theatre of Charlotte. Starts October 28.