Associate Music Designer (HIRED)
Mood Media is seeking an Associate Music Programmer to join our growing National team in Austin, TX or Charlotte, NC. This creative role assisting the Music Design group to conceptualize and manage branded music experiences and programs for national corporate clients. We expect the ideal candidate to be very much in tune with consumer offerings and music trends, as well as ease coordinating client relations. An Associate Music Programmer will assist Music Designers in choosing music to capture the essence of a brand, experience design concept or consumer target. To best fill this role, you must have a background in creating brand or consumer experiences with music. As a result, the ideal candidate will need to have a creatively focused background, having worked within media or a creative agency (radio, television, new media, advertising, design). While they must ultimately demonstrate significant creativity in the job, he/she must also demonstrate discipline and a strong corporate acumen, as they will regularly interact with a variety of brands across multiple industries. An Associate Music Programmer for Mood Media must also demonstrate a multi-dimensional relationship with Music, either as a musician, a DJ, a producer or promoter in addition to the required experience.
• This position will be charged directly with the creation and ongoing delivery of a portfolio of catalog and custom music programs for a variety of brands, audiences and platforms.
• A willingness to embrace and manage the operational aspects of music products and production as well as an appetite for the business of creating brand experiences is critical.
• Participating in opportunity assessments and new product design and development are regular expectations.
• Understanding the competitive landscape and the ability to articulate the process and product offerings to the marketplace is critical to success in this role.
In addition, the successful candidate will possess the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent industry experience.
• Minimum 3 years related experience.
• An expert in at least one genre of music, with a broad competency across multiple genres.
• Strong independent research skills.
• The ability to create Music Design concepts and demonstrate a solid understanding of brand marketing and pop culture trends.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Comfortable in presenting Music Design concepts to clients in person and remotely.
• A deep appreciation of the relationship between strategic thinking, design and client success.
• The ability to set priorities and handle multiple objectives in constrained timeframes.
• Ability and flexibility to meet or exceed some very demanding deadlines.
• Ability to participate successfully in a team environment.
• Creative and flexible thinking, an open mind and good problem-solving skills.
• Ability to interact decisively and diplomatically.
• Ability to work successfully within a multinational, fast-paced, competitive environment.
• Comfort with computers and popular software applications.
• Ability to listen to music for extended periods of time.
• Willingness to travel occasionally.