Business North Carolina magazine is looking for an art director to lead the look and design of our award-winning monthly magazine and digital offerings. The successful applicant needs proven design experience and a keen eye for detail and the ability to offer creative ideas that will enhance the visual style of the publication. The successful candidate will work closely as part of the editorial team, initiating ideas and designing layouts in a deadline-driven environment. A love of photography and graphics is essential as is a deep understanding of WordPress and Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. This is an exciting opportunity for a hands-on, talented graphic designer with an impressive portfolio of creative layouts.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Designing outstanding layouts and creating supporting art and infographics.
• Working closely with the photographers on assignments, visual ideas and image-editing.
• Ownership of print, digital and other supporting collateral projects from initial visuals to final layout, ensuring all design is delivered to the highest standard.
• Working collaboratively with other members of the editorial team.
• Uploading pages to be sent to printer.
• Will offer innovative ways to convert stories and elements from the print edition to a digital format.
• Can develop creative and easy-to-understand ways to present data and information.
Skills and requirements:
• Excellent design skills and exceptional use of typography. A deep understanding of photography and what makes an image work is paramount.
• Proven industry experience, with a book that demonstrates and supports this.
• Detail-oriented and proactive, with the ability to work quickly under pressure.
• Ability to take direction and work in close collaboration with writers, editors and support staff to meet deadlines.
• An organized team-player.
• Expert knowledge of WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, and PDF workflow.
Send resume to email@example.com.