As the largest multi-specialty practice on the East Coast — with 18 locations throughout North and South Carolina, over 130 providers offering comprehensive adult and pediatric care and a full list of ancillary departments and services — we strive to hire the best staff possible to take excellent care of our patients. CEENTA has earned some of the most prestigious workplace awards, including being named one of North Carolina’s Best Places to Work, one of Charlotte’s Most Family-Friendly companies and one of the Healthiest Employers in the greater Charlotte NC area.
We are Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. (CEENTA), the region’s premier eye, ear, nose and throat care provider for adults and pediatric patients for more than 90 years and we are looking to add to our team. We are currently looking for an Audiologist. The position is full time and located in our Matthews office and the hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. depending on clinic needs.
You will manage the hearing and vestibular health needs of patients by conducting and analyzing diagnostic data and recommending a course of treatment while also assisting physicians by providing medical treatment and medical care services to patients.
The ideal candidate should be professional, detail-oriented and love being a part of a team focused on providing excellent services for our company. Candidates would have a “can do and will do” attitude and demonstrate the ability to contribute positively to the team.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Document patient encounters properly in accordance with CEENTA compliance guidelines in our electronic medical record software in a timely manner.
• Perform pediatric and adult hearing evaluations and diagnostic assessments including ABR, ECog and ENG.
• Appraise patients’ hearing ability and recommend treatment including the utilization of a hearing aid.
• Be responsible for the fitting and evaluation of hearing appliances, performing minor repairs and maintenance on equipment, providing technical service for appliances or serving as the liaison with the vendor for any adjustments or repairs.
• Consult/counsel families of patients and liaise with educational therapies, residential nursing and home care staff.
• Diagnose and treat BPPV.
• Compose correspondence to various parties regarding patients, including referring physicians, insurance carriers, various health care agencies and school officials.
Education and/or experience
• Audiology doctorate.
• A minimum of 3 years experience in a busy ENT practice is preferred, but we will accept a strong CFY.
• Previous Epic, Noah Link and Microsoft Office experience a plus.
Skills and abilities
• Customer Service and organizational skills, data entry and written and verbal communication skills.
• Must maintain a positive, team-oriented attitude with an attention to details.
• Network computer software applications, practice management software and applicable electronic medical record software.
• The ability to follow procedures and processes in accordance with CEENTA standards (may vary by specialty and/or physician).
• Properly utilize Audiometer, ENG/VNG equipment, ABR/Ecog equipment, I Pro/Noah Link, Audiogram Testing, MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, Counseling Skills and Accounting Skills.
• Maintain proficiency in machines utilized to perform duties.
Certificates and license
• Audiology License from the North Carolina Board of Examiners for Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists, required.
• Audiology License From the South Carolina Board of Examiners in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology.
• Hearing Aid Dispensing License from North Carolina State Hearing Aid Dealers and Fitters Board, required.
• Certification from the American Academy of Audiology (AAA).
• Certification from the American Speech Language Pathology and Audiology Association (ASHA).
Why work with us:
Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance coverage on the first day of employment. Join our team to provide excellent patient care.