Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Maintains food quality standards for the bistro and catering operations. Oversees all phases of food procurement, production and service, including inventory, ordering, storage and rotation, food preparation, recipe adherence, plate presentation, service, merchandising and production time standards.
• Responsible for setting staffing levels and schedules for the bistro and kitchen.
• Ensures the cleanliness of the kitchen and bistro by maintaining specified standards, passing Health Department audits with a 90% or better and training staff on proper sanitation guidelines.
• Work with Director of Food Services in establishment and forecasting of annual bistro/kitchen budget.
• Supervises staff.
• Maintains timely documentation of activities and services in accordance with requirements and compiles and disseminates reports as requested.
• Serves as a member of the WSOD Divisional Management team, contributing to the performance of their duties as outlined in the Team Charter.
Education and/or experience:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university in a food service program concentration, Business Administration or related field and/or 2-3 years’ experience in kitchen/restaurant management or the equivalent combination of education and experience.