Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit our website.
Performs duties of moderate complexity, judgment and scope which include analyzing accounts and reports, preparing journal entries and troubleshooting problem areas.
• Performs account analyses and reconciles selected expense and revenue accounts.
• Answers questions from practices concerning variances on financial reports or directs questions to the appropriate individual(s).
• Performs analytical reviews, research and other related duties independently.
• Prepares journal entries for assigned practices, including physician salary and incentive accruals and keys/uploads journal entries to the G/L.
• Builds/maintains workpaper files that are organized based on a department policy, appropriately footnoted and reviewed by both the Accountant and Financial Services Manager.
• Reviews data received from physician practices for completeness and accuracy.
• Provide support to the Financial Services Manager during month-end, budget and various ad-hoc projects, as needed.
• Work requires lifting and moving notebooks and reports weighing up to 10 pounds.
• Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Majority of the day is spent sitting.
Education, experience and certifications:
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
• Previous work experience preferred.
• Knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing software preferred.
Why work with us:
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations. As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.