Passport is reimagining the transit and parking experience with a suite of SaaS platforms for our clients and mobile applications for end users. Passport’s software platform enables governments to improve operational efficiency for parking and transit operations through smart technology for payments, management and reporting. By leveraging online and mobile services, leaders are able to access rich data that generate insights that drive better revenue, eliminate waste in the system and improve outcomes for citizens.
Passport’s product lines–parking payments, transit payments, enforcement and permit management–collectively serve to deliver dynamic tools for agencies to better connect with their communities. Its services have been adopted by over 20 of the top 50 cities in North America and over 2,000 locations including Chicago, Toronto, Boston, Portland and Miami. Passport’s mission is to reduce operational complexity and deliver intelligent data to improve decision making for its clients.
As a Corporate Development associate you will have a critical role in prospecting, analyzing and diligencing strategic acquisitions, partnerships, joint ventures, alliances and other corporate development activities as we explore global opportunities.
The Corporate Development associate will be involved in all phases of the transaction including researching target companies, due diligence coordination, conducting financial valuation analysis (comparables, DCF, etc), structuring, negotiating and closing the transaction. As appropriate, the successful candidate is involved in the details of post-deal integration as well. The successful candidate would need to develop financial analyses, present and make recommendations to corporate and executive leadership teams. This role will make an immediate and substantial impact to Passport Labs, Inc.
Corporate Development is a small, tight-knit team who values authentic, strong-willed individuals that think creatively and will proactively seek out opportunities to advance the growth initiatives of Passport Labs, Inc. This role is a highly visible position that interacts with Passport’s most senior leaders frequently.
• Develop acquisition ideas, research target companies, conduct financial analyses, perform valuation analysis.
• Identify and research appropriate opportunities which support Passport’s strategic priorities through interaction with industry consultants, senior business leaders, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, investment bankers.
• Support business leaders to drive internal thinking on expansion opportunities.
• Evaluate the opportunities and risks in potential transactions and support diligence efforts.
• Support cross-functional teams including Product, Operations, Engineering, Legal, Finance, Tax, Accounting and senior management to execute transactions from term sheet through integration.
• Perform financial analysis to support the costs, revenue and other benefits for both near- and long-term roadmaps that leverage the acquired company’s solutions.
• Identify, research and educate other executives on new, innovative technology trends and markets and recommend high-potential investments that are also cultural fits for Passport Labs, Inc.
• Conduct analysis to determine short- and long-term people needs for successful post-acquisition integration, partnering with the People Operations team on both cultural and technical integration components.
• Act as a subject matter expert on financial modeling, valuation and deal structuring.
• Support negotiations of key transaction and legal documents, in partnership with Legal team.
• 2+ years’ experience in corporate development, investment banking, private equity or venture investing in technology sectors.
• Solid financial modeling skills and valuation expertise.
• Experience identifying, developing, analyzing and successfully executing M&A transactions, both in the US and international markets.
• End-to-end transaction experience.
• Bachelor’s degree required, MBA from a top tier school preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to gain respect of senior management and external executives, along with the respect of and ability to collaborate with, internal teammates.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics.
• Ability to build and maintain a network of relationships which facilitate deal flow.
• Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
• Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally.
• Experience aligning, collaborating with and driving cross-functional groups.
Who you are:
You are an innovative, creative, analytical and strategic thinker, always thinking 3 or 4 steps ahead. You are passionate about Passport and the future of our business. You enjoy solving complex problems, work effectively with cross-functional teams and thrive in a fast-paced setting that is constantly evolving. You constantly set the bar high with your daily work and your project portfolio and then raise the bar higher. You always hit your deadlines. You love working with teams. You listen, collaborate, take note of alternate viewpoints and implement the best solutions.
You obsess over the details. You blend technical ability with business acumen. You are effective at connecting long-term vision to near-term objectives. You will have the opportunity to wear several hats and you should be comfortable learning new things and taking on new responsibilities.
You are incredibly organized. Nothing slips through the cracks when you’re running a project. You measure everything. You are inquisitive and you know how to listen and incorporate new knowledge into your business strategy. You have a knack for connecting the dots across multiple things and ensuring they are in sync. Above all else, you are also an excellent communicator, both written and verbal and you understand how to effectively convey ideas to various stakeholders across the organization.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status or other category or classification protected by applicable law.