We are looking for an accomplished finance leader to serve as our Vice President of Tax and Finance. This is a growth position for Premier due to the complexity of our Tax function. This person will have a proven track record of managing the tax function of a public company or advising public companies on tax-related issues. This is an exciting opportunity to develop best practices with the Tax function with reporting, working with Accounting and all other cross-functional units within Premier’s Finance division.
This position is responsible for the strategic planning, direction and oversight of tax-related matters of Premier, Inc. and Subsidiaries to include the following:
• Income tax provision, financial disclosures and accounting for income taxes.
• Management and oversight of effective tax internal controls.
• Income tax, property tax, sales and use tax and business tax and license compliance filings.
• Tax research and planning.
• Identification and implementation of tax planning initiatives.
• Management and oversight of tax receivable agreements.
• Oversight and coordination with accounting and financial reporting on legal entity accounting, transfer pricing and cost allocation determinations.
• Coordination with taxing authorities on tax examinations.
• We would love to bring a Vice President of Tax that has acquired the business acumen and leadership experience paired with strong technical writing and analysis skills that are required for documenting tax positions and presenting tax information to executive management, the Board of Directors, tax authorities, independent and internal auditors and other parties of interest on an ad hoc basis.
Education and experience required:
• Bachelors required, Masters preferred.
• 12 or more years of Finance, Accounting and/or Tax leadership experience with a national accounting firm and/or corporate tax department in a related industry.
• Experience as a partner or senior manager in Big Four or national accounting firm.
• CPA strongly preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, analytical skills, organizational skills and computer software skills are required.
• Familiarity with tax software.
• Ability to identify and implement tax planning opportunities.
• Familiarity with property tax, sales/use tax, business tax and license compliance.
• Experience with broad based tax research projects.
• Familiarity with not for profit taxation, including unrelated business taxable income considerations.
• Strong knowledge of tax accounting and consolidated returns.
Premier is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.