Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The primary purpose of this role is to conduct audits that evaluate the effectiveness of established internal controls designed to manage Lowe’s most significant risks. This position will assist the Audit Manager in the planning of audits, developing steps for audit testing and gather and analyze information necessary to evaluate the adequacy of controls. This role is the day-to-day leader of project and is responsible for interpreting test results and signing off of communication and deliverables for audit engagements. In addition, this role is responsible for delivering oral or written reports and communications to clients and assists in training and supervision less experiences auditors.
• Oversees the day-to-day auditing functions for larger and more complex audit projects to ensure they are conducted in accordance with Lowe’s methodology and that milestones and key dates are met on time.
• Executes preliminary audit plan, which includes reviewing and approving documenting processes via process maps and flowcharts and work paper standards.
• Ensures in-scope risks and controls are identified in the project risk assessment during the planning phase that they are appropriately evaluated and tested by Senior and Staff Auditors.
• Identifies key control points within a process/activity and develops audit test steps designed to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal controls.
• Writes and reviews formal audit reports for the level of quality necessary for a Director and Vice President audience.
• Demonstrates effective project management by discussing project expectations with the team, maintaining consistent communication throughout the audit engagement and identifies development opportunities for staff auditors. Recommends performance coaching opportunities for staff auditors.
• Manages client relationships with open communication throughout the audit process, keeping the client aware of potential concerns and the Audit Manager aware of project status or issues that need to be addressed.
• Participates in rotational committee work such as internal auditing quality reviews, issue follow up activities, training coordination, etc.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• 4+ years of experience in internal/external audit or relevant business experience.
• Master’s Degree.
• CPA, CIA or CISA.
• Retail business experience.
• SOX experience.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.