Girls on the Run International is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams. We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. Girls on the Run International is the headquarters operation of over 200 Councils in 50 states that serve 200,000+ girls a year and engage 100,000+ volunteers. Girls on the Run believes that all girls and communities should have access to our programs. We strive to eliminate barriers to participation, to continue creating programming that engages all communities, to be intentional about staff and volunteer diversity and to promote a culture of inclusion across the organization.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer and consistent with the mission of Girls on the Run International, the VP, Information Technology and Data Analytics is responsible for providing overall management and direction of the systems and technology that support the operations of Girls on the Run International and its national network of 200+ councils. The VP, Information Technology and Data Analytics manages a team of four.
This position is a full-time position and is located at Girls on the Run International Headquarters in Charlotte, NC.
• Lead the information technology and business analysis functions including strategic planning, enterprise infrastructure, policy formulation and business process improvement to support the mission, vision and values of the national organization. Manage complex implementation and integration projects including timeline, budget, risks, issues and resource engagement.
• Collaborate with business leadership and technology partners to leverage data to drive organizational performance and efficiency. Establish and promote dialogue and innovation around risk and controls.
• Lead, train and develop a team of talented IT and data analysis professionals.
• Nurture and support a caring, results-oriented culture that embraces personal responsibility, performance and quality.
• Exemplify the Girls on the Run core values with others to advance the organization’s mission.
• Maintain high standard of integrity and ensure security of confidential information.
• Develop positive and productive relationships with council directors, volunteers, board members, community members and staff.
• Any other duties deemed necessary by the Chief Operating Officer.
• Conduct departmental needs assessments to create and implement a rolling 3-5 year technology plan.
• Oversee all technology operations, evaluate them according to organizational objectives and improve process efficiencies.
• Lead organization in identifying organizational needs and opportunities for technology to improve business operations, enhance program quality and provide organizational insights.
• Develop strategies to maximize use of the organization’s CRM software, integrate the CRM with external systems and direct the vendor relationship for this product.
• Develop strategies to maximize the use of the organization’s Learning Management System (LMS), integrate the LMS with external systems and direct the vendor relationship for this product.
• Collaborate with Chief Engagement Officer to manage requirements and needs assessments for Girls on the Run International HQ website and council websites.
• Design and direct technical integrations between websites, CRMs and other systems.
• Manage HQ relationship with website technical vendors.
• Manage new feature development initiatives including council task forces, council feature requests and timeline management with technical vendors.
• Manage HQ relationship with IT Managed Service Provider (MSP).
• Responsible for ongoing project management of key technology initiatives including cloud migration for on-premises server, Azure and Outlook.
• Responsible for the development & transition of new tactical & strategic software such as a survey tool, fundraising CRM and related systems, single sign-on (SSO) and developing a national IT network for HQ and councils.
• Select, develop and motivate qualified IT staff to effectively carry out department functions to support the organization’s goals.
Business analytics and insights
• Developing reporting tools, processes and resources to turn data into insights, driving organizational performance.
• Develop and manage standardized reporting and scorecards for key business areas to allow for effective performance monitoring.
• Establish BI policies, standards, practices and security measures to ensure effective and consistent information processing operations, consistent data quality and accessibility.
• Establish BI policies, standards and practices to safeguard information resources.
• Select, develop and motivate qualified BI staff to effectively carry out department functions to support company.
Qualifications and skills:
• 10+ years of broad technology experience in managing infrastructure services, specifically in dealing with cloud/SaaS providers, especially Office365.
• 5+ years’ experience with a Customer Relationship Management System, preferably in a nonprofit setting.
• 5+ years of medium to large-scale project management.
• Significant experience in managing technology services through partners/vendors in outsourced model.
• Proven experience tied to an outsourced infrastructure model and demonstrated ability to influence and govern large-scale managed service providers, inclusive of service level and user experience improvements.
• Passionate and knowledgeable about the technology landscape, with a history of predicting and planning for implementation of trending technologies to maximize investment.
• Experience managing nationwide technology implementation projects involving a variety of products and manufacturers.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to explain complex IT concepts in a way that is easy to understand.
• Advanced Excel skills to include Power Query and other BI tools.
• Proven creative problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated analytical skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in IT-related discipline or an Associate degree with equivalent work experience.
• Experience managing and delivering Business Intelligence reporting and data analysis solutions.
• Proven experience defining enterprise-wide reporting standards and frameworks.
• Passion for empowering girls to reach their limitless potential.
• Experience with a learning management system (LMS) such as Cornerstone on Demand, website content management software (CMS), SalesForce and financial services systems such as Netsuite.
• Experience with website implementation.
• Experience with fundraising software.
• Experience implementing dashboards, scorecards and key performance indicators.
• Experience designing and implementing APIs.
• Advanced degree in related field.
• This position is offering a compensation range of $$80,000 – $95,000, depending on experience.
• Girls on the Run International offers a generous PTO plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, paid medical leave, 401k plan with employer match and professional development opportunities.