BURKE is currently seeking a creative, agency-minded UX/UI/Web Designer to join our team in Charlotte, NC. While the primary responsibility will be planning and designing web sites for BURKE’s clients, this individual will also be expected to provide insight on the entire web process. The right candidate will be inherently curious and passionate about discovering and utilizing new tools and industry trends.
• Manage a multitude of diverse web design projects simultaneously in a. fast-paced agency environment.
• Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps.
• Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites look and function.
• Create original graphic designs (e.g. sketches, illustrations, icons).
• Create finished web/digital page layouts.
• Prepare and present ideas and designs to internal teams and key stakeholders.
• Mentor other designers to encourage and inspire professional growth.
• Work cross-departmentally to improve the overall process of web and digital projects.
• Stay up-to-date on the latest UX/UI/Web Design technology and trends.
• Assist with general updates and maintenance of websites and digital applications.
Skills and requirements:
• Proven work experience as a UI/UX/Web Designer or similar role.
• A strong sense for conceptual design, practical design execution and an appreciation for streamlined and functional UI/UX.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to discuss and explain design options.
• Critical thinker, problem solver and customer-centered.
• Intermediate/advanced experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Sketch, Invision or similar applications.
• 1-3 years experience with HTML and CSS.
Salary and benefits:
• Ranges from $60,000-$70,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
• 401K with company matching after one year.
• 21 days PTO + Standard Holidays off.
• Group medical, dental and vision insurance plans available.
• Short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance and workman’s compensation provided by BURKE.
• Monthly team activities.
• Craft beer and cold brew on tap.
Email resume to Kyle@BURKE.DESIGN and reference Charlotte Agenda in your email. Please provide a link to your online portfolio along with any other relevant links to showcase your design experience and community involvement.