Director of Finance
Our mission is to be the best loved Hotel & Restaurant Company so regardless of position, we look for individuals who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guest and employees.
The Director of Finance has a dual reporting relationship. First, on a functional basis, they report directly to their respective Area Director of Finance or RVP Finance, as applicable. Second and equally important, Directors of Finance must be responsive to the Hotel and Restaurant General Managers, by providing sound business and financial management support.
Our mission will be achieved by providing accurate, timely and objective financial data with which informed decisions can be made, the stewardship of all business assets, the creation and maintenance of sound internal control systems that support (and not stifle) the business objectives, and by employing the most professional, service-oriented, dedicated, highly skilled and trained Staff in the industry.
What you get to do:
• Provide the support, financial knowledge and expertise as a key business manager of the Company to assist all levels of Management in providing hospitality service of the highest quality to customers worldwide.
• Assist the General Managers in achieving established business goals.
• Direct the accounting and control functions at the property, while ensuring timely reporting of operating results and maintains the integrity of the management information system.
• Provide accounting staff the proper resources, training and authority required to carry out their responsibilities.
• Develop each person’s talents and skills to their full potential to enhance their contribution to the success of the business we serve.
• Supervise all accounting functions for the Hotel and Restaurant.
• Prepare the financial statements within the time frames supplied in the Home Office closing schedule and according to the Company Policies and Procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the Uniform System of Accounts.
• Analyze and interpret financial results in order to assist and advise the General Managers and the Home Office Team.
• Maintain balance sheet analysis on a monthly basis with full supporting detail.
• Prepare accurate forecasts on a monthly basis and cash flow statements on request.
• Prepare timely and accurate sales, use and occupancy tax returns as well as any other external reports or returns as deemed necessary.
• Ensure successful treasury cash management as set forth in the policies and procedures manual.
• Ensure compliance with the management agreement and attendant legal documents. Understanding how those documents translate into financial responsibilities and how they may affect both the Property and the Home Office financial position.
• Maintain effective system and control procedures as set forth in the policies and procedures manuals.
• Ensure integrity and efficiency of computerized data processing functions.
• Ensure that all financial reports, budgets, forecasts and other information required by the company are accurately compiled and submitted within the specified time limits, identifying variances and making recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
• Review forecasts and budgets prepared by hotel and restaurant management teams to ensure that owners, the General Managers and the Home Office are provided with guidelines of performance that are both reasonable and achievable.
• Ensure all legal, treasury and tax documentation is properly maintained and secured and that all statutory and fiscal reporting requirements are satisfied, which includes any governmental requirements for permits and licenses.
• Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained for the protection of the property’s assets against loss or misappropriation.
• Successfully lead and perform an advisory or interpretive role. Coaches department heads regarding their financial responsibilities and effective financial management techniques.
• Adheres to the highest ethical and business standards and to the laws of the countries, states and cities in which the Company does business.
• Continuously monitor economic, social and governmental trends and policies to ensure the General Managers and Home Office Management are kept fully apprised of any implications that may affect the performance of the hotel or restaurant in meeting its financial objectives.
Specific experience we’re looking for:
• Prefer a degree from an accredited university or business college, majoring in accounting or business studies.
• Minimum 5 years practical accounting experience in the hospitality industry.
• Computer skills.
• Prior experience with JD Edwards or similar accounting package preferred.
• Prior experience with Outlooksoft/BPC preferred.
• Excel proficiency required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or experience
• Prior experience required.
• Depending on the role degree may be required.
• Ability to read, write and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests and vendors.
• Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or telephone.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Please note, management reserves the right to change, modify and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands.