Head of Operations
Skipper is a rapidly growing, technology-enabled dog walking start-up based in Charlotte, NC. We use mobile and web technology to provide dog owners and walkers with an unprecedented level of accountability, intelligence and quality in our pet care services. Skipper was the 2017 Charlotte Startup of the Year and part of the 2018 Techstars Accelerator.
The Head of Operations oversees the daily activities and logistics of Skipper and makes decisions that define the quality of team member and client experiences across 3 markets. We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, highly analytical, data-driven and has exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
This cross-functional role oversees team member staffing, service logistics, client communication and back office operations staff. We’re looking for a proven multitasker who is sharp, personable and highly organized to drive operational efficiency as we continue to expand to new markets. This person is willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to be successful.
What you will do:
• Lead the daily operations that includes scheduling and forecasting 50+ team members.
• Manage operations department leads.
• Proactively resolve logistical issues.
• Analyze demand and supply trends to ensure staffing needs are met.
• Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess your own performance, identify improvement opportunities and implement solutions to drive efficiency.
• Research and implement new technologies, industry best practices and strategies and alternative methods of operational efficiency.
• Report and track key performance metrics for multiple markets.
What we are looking for:
• You love using structured processes to figure out complex puzzles while considering and prioritizing competing variables.
• You balance attention to detail and swift execution.
• You are an effective multitasker who is calm and focused under pressure.
• You have strong Excel skills.
• You’re a problem solver who is able to rapidly identify opportunities for improvement, locate key levers to effect change and formulate a practical implementation plan.
• You prioritize people above all else and understand your clients include both Skipper clients and Skipper team members.
• You have a proven ability to manage others and effectively communicate expectations.
• You possess solid interpersonal oral/written communication skills.
• You can work independently, you initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
• You have an entrepreneurial mindset with a get-sh*t-done attitude.
• Humble and scrappy, you’re unafraid of long hours and are able to handle stress well.
• You have a desire to work in a fast paced / team-oriented environment and are willing to work some weekends and be on-call to resolve any emergencies.
• You have desire to learn, seek and overcome challenges, collaborate and go out of the way to help others be successful.
What we’d love to see:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher.
• Experience effectively managing a team (with an emphasis on hourly workforces).
• Interest in developing product to optimize logistical tech platforms.
• Background in consulting, operations, technology, analytics or related field.
• Experience with the startup culture.
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, growth-focused organization.
• Love of dogs and excitement about becoming proficient in animal behavior.
Send an email to email@example.com and include your resume, cover letter, link to your LinkedIn profile and your favorite joke.