Associate Portfolio Management
The Portfolio Management team is responsible for the implementation of Dimensional’s investment philosophy. They ensure client portfolios continually pursue the targeted premiums, provide traders with buy and sell candidate lists, outline trading parameters and assist clients to understand Dimensional’s investment practices.
The Associate will support the Portfolio Management team in communicating the investment process to internal and external audiences. The Associate will proactively coordinate and explore various in-depth inquiries around Dimensional, Dimensional’s strategies and equity markets and also perform tasks including research and ad hoc projects. The individual will work closely with Dimensional’s Portfolio Management, Research, Legal, Compliance and Marketing teams to further the investment inquiry response process. This position is based in our Charlotte, NC office.
• Review, assess and draft response to investment-related inquiries by soliciting input from other departments as needed and managing workflow throughout the team.
• Collaborate with team members to identify investment topics for broader distribution, additional written content and potential training opportunities.
• Analyze, process and interpret data to create bullets, narrative, charts, graphs and other diagrams to support content generation, ensure quality control of data.
• Consult on and contribute to projects derived from the following activities and groups: content implementation and review groups, marketing new product launches, performance communication and ad hoc projects.
• Coordinate and follow up on progress of projects within Portfolio Management and with other departments including Research, Legal, Compliance and Marketing.
• Create, prepare and ensure quality control of Portfolio Management presentations.
• A Bachelor’s degree is required and a strong academic background is preferred.
• Two or more years of equity market-related experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to ultimately work independently, to prioritize and exercise time management.
• Computer and analytical expertise, proficiency in excel and database skills preferred.
• Flexibility and willingness to take on challenging tasks and projects.
• A strong sense of professional and personal integrity and high ethical standards.
• Initiative, accountability and focus on quality.
• Commitment to the philosophy and process underlying Dimensional’s investment approach.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or any other protected status. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, job assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, discipline, termination and social and recreational programs.