Manager of Content Strategy
By trade, we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone that works here, they’ll tell you we are a people company. As the industry leader in Accounts Payable (AP) Automation, AvidXchange strives to provide an innovative and collaborative work environment. We do that through focusing on our people, our culture and ensuring we run our business in a way that enables every employee to achieve their fullest potential and help us create a world-class company. Our employees live by our core values, including “Innovate to Change the Game,” “Passion About Customer Success,” “Win as a Team,” and “Have a Blast.” Whether you live in Charlotte and can enjoy our corporate campus at the AvidXchange Music Factory, or you live across the country, AvidXchange has locations waiting for you. We are on a mission to create something different at AvidXchange. Love where you work. Live Avidly.
The Senior Manager of Content Strategy will work to move our business forward, connect with our key audiences and increase brand affinity. The individual will manage the core components of our content strategy by building and developing compelling and cohesive narratives across multiple marketing touch points with the ultimate goal of increasing brand presence and revenue generation.
• Conceive and develop creative B2B content-based marketing programs that drive core narratives across the business and marketing channels, ensuring cohesion and impact.
• Craft strategic messaging, storytelling and content strategy, maintaining an audience-centric view at all times.
• Collaborate with internal teams to define, design and implement messaging strategies for a variety of projects.
• Lead brainstorming sessions across teams.
• Apply user research to development of messaging strategies.
• Develop close working relationships with other practice areas such as UX, digital, creative, lead generation and public relations.
• Establish relationships with key stakeholders to ensure messages align with the goals of the business.
• Help the organization understand content strategy and the value-add to the business.
• Lead and develop a team of creative professionals.
Experience and qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Creative Writing, Advertising, Marketing or related field of study preferred.
• 7+ years’ experience in developing content-based marketing programs.
• 3+ years’ experience cross-functionally managing projects.
• 3+ years of product marketing or product public relations experience.
• Experience in B2B Product Content.
• A sophisticated appreciation of the intersection of content and design and the part each play in communicating effectively.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects, across multiple subject matters.
• Meet strict deadlines.
• Apply industry-specific compliance standards and regulation to messaging strategy.
• Turn great ideas into executable strategies.
• Experience leading workshops to surface brand voice.
• PR and/or Brand Agency experience strongly preferred.
• Strong work ethic.
• A passion for the creative process and an understanding of what it takes to go from idea to reality.
• An exceptional portfolio.
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.