Associate, Hospitality & Events
MKTG is seeking a hospitality-minded Associate to join our customer entertainment HOSPITALITY team in Charlotte, NC. We are also open to this position being based out of our Westport, CT office. This position will require the ability to plan and implement high-quality corporate hospitality events, with a primary focus on motorsports and/or golf hospitality. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and inspired individual who has the creative aptitude, exceptional organizational skills and professional etiquette required to meticulously plan and execute corporate events that enhance the client/guest experience.
• Applying strategic marketing objectives to event execution.
• Interacting directly with clients and anticipating their needs.
• Interfacing with properties, venues and suppliers to deliver first-class experiences for guests.
• Planning and executing site surveys.
• Preparing and managing line-item budgets.
• Arranging for event branding, collateral, on-site materials.
• Negotiating and securing suppliers/venues based on client/event criteria.
• Planning food and beverage and other on-site amenities/experiences.
• Onsite management of corporate hospitality events, with a primary focus on motorsports and/or golf events.
• Creating client-ready event recaps, event itineraries, staff plans.
• Conducting client conference calls and meetings with prepared documents/presentations.
• Managing and communicating project status with manager, internal team and clients.
• Identifying opportunities for business growth.
• Evaluating event successes and areas for improvement.
• A Bachelor’s Degree.
• Must have 3 years of relevant experience planning and implementing high-level corporate events and hospitality.
• Agency experience and/or golf or motorsports-related experience is a plus.
• Self-starter with ability to juggle and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Exceptional client service and interaction skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strategic thinking skills.
• Budget planning proficiency.
• Ability to quickly take ownership of key program components and work with client and other agency partners.
• Comfort in a client-facing role and ability to lead the client.
• Candidate must possess strong computer skills with strengths in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Adobe creative programs and/or guest registration systems is a plus.
• Organizational skills and solid project management experience.
• Experience building presentations and delivering them.
• Creativity and interest in trends in motorsports hospitality.
• Proven ability to work well in a team environment.
• Personable with polished social setting skills.
• Ability to travel frequently, both weekdays and weekends (12-16 event weekends annually).
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.