Senior Account Executive
At Butin, our goal is to help our clients Be Remarkable. We are a mid-sized PR, marketing and communications agency specializing in food & beverage, travel & leisure and lifestyle & consumer brands with offices in Charlotte, North Carolina and St. Simons Island, Georgia. We are recognized for our long-term partnerships with national brands and organizations. This year, we were named a Small PR Firm of the Year finalist by PR News, a Top Travel and Top Food & Beverage agency by O’Dwyer’s and have been named four times to the University of Georgia “Bulldog 100” nationwide list of fastest-growing U.S. companies (2012-2016). We are a fast-paced, entrepreneurial group of creative thinkers that values excellence, service and hard work.
Who we are looking for:
This position calls for a detail-oriented publicity strategist, expert relationship builder, passionate media enthusiast and avid consumer of media and popular culture. Our ideal candidate has at least 3 years’ PR and communications experience in client service, media writing, pitching and account management. To excel at this role, this person must be excited by the ever-changing world of media, enjoy problem-solving and view challenges as opportunities. This position requires a can-do, never quit attitude, a high-energy, positive demeanor and an extreme dedication to staying up-to-date on media trends and best practices.
You will love this position if you:
• Are highly organized and an excellent task manager.
• Have high energy and are an independent thinker.
• View a loss or challenge as motivating.
• Are passionate about building a career in PR.
• Consider yourself a pitching and influencer expert.
• Are most productive when working independently and have high personal accountability.
• Can generate national news media coverage for campaigns, products and events.
• Have experience creating and managing project timelines, client agendas and editing news media materials.
• Are seasoned at reporting PR results and creating news media connections.
• Great at communicating and writing compelling content.
• 3+ years PR experience. Agency experience preferred.
• Expertise in planning, implementing and managing multiple results-driven PR and influencer programs and generating national media coverage.
• Ability to optimize and tailor pitches to ensure success.
• Skilled at identifying the news hooks in various campaigns. Can communicate campaign activities in easy-to-understand, client-facing language.
• Seasoned at creating dynamic reports that tell the full story and illustrate business impact.
• Experience managing multiple vendors, tools and platforms.
• Excellent creative content writing skills.
• Familiarity working with a diverse range of clients.
• Deep knowledge of popular culture, as well as media best practices and trends.
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
• Simple IRA with 3% contributed by employer.
• Heath/Dental/Vision Insurance with 80% contributed by employer.
• Generous paid holiday and vacation offering.
• Summer Friday program.
• Cell phone reimbursement.
• Free parking.
Submit a cover letter, resume and 2-3 relevant samples of your recent work (preferably pitch notes, news releases and media lists) to firstname.lastname@example.org.