Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The principle purpose of the SEO Manager is to manage the planning, optimization and implementation of search engine optimization tactics across Lowe’s digital properties to increase organic traffic from search engines (Google, Bing, etc.). This position is key to future growth and will be responsible for management of organic search, the largest and fastest growing traffic driving channel for Lowe’s.
This position manages a team of individual contributors and agency resources responsible for executing enterprise Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies to improve Lowe’s search visibility in search engines, driving increased traffic to Lowes.com and sales for total Lowe’s.
To accomplish this, the SEO Manager must have expertise in leading teams through technical analysis, keyword research, on-page optimization, content gap analyses, link building campaigns, competitive analysis and reporting required for effective site optimization.
The SEO Manager works closely with Product Management, Digital Merchandising, UX, Navigation, Site Search, Operations and IT teams as well as the Marketing Content, PR and Social teams in order to align efforts to improve Lowe’s rankings and visits from search engines.
• Accountable for delivering on the P&L for the organic search marketing channel, lead all natural search strategy development and planning, track, report and analyze all SEO initiatives and campaigns.
• Manages an internal team of individual contributors and agency resources, overseeing and prioritizing projects toward a set of performance goals.
• Works with Sr. Product Manager (SEO) to plan SEO IT projects, forecast business impact and help drive cross-functional alignment on prioritization of work within the organization.
• Champion and educate the broader organization on the benefits, ranking factors and activities required to effectively optimize a large website to effectively rank high in search engines. Represent natural search in cross-functional meetings, present natural search initiatives and results to senior executives on a quarterly and ad hoc basis.
• Collaborates with Lowes.com and Marketing teams to align efforts and work streams of other teams to with natural search rankings factors to improve rankings and traffic performance.
• Stay current with algorithm changes and new advances in Search Engine Optimization best practices, the competitive landscape, vendor capabilities, leverage that knowledge to influence current and future business plans and strategies, drive digital marketing innovation, thought leadership and best practice sharing throughout the organization.
• Pursues professional growth and provides developmental opportunities for others by soliciting and acting on performance feedback, building collaborative, cross-functional relationships, hiring, training and developing talent for growth opportunities, delegating tasks and decisions, fostering open dialogue amongst team members, working closely with employees to set goals and provide open feedback and coaching to drive performance improvement.
• Manages designated work stream to meet customer and business needs by translating business plans into tactical action items, communicating goals and objectives, overseeing work assignments, aligning team efforts, building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results, identifying and addressing improvement opportunities, assuming responsibility for decision making.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Business Management, Marketing or Communications.
• 8+ years experience in marketing or business related work experience.
• 4+ years experience as a(n) Search Engine Optimization.
• 4+ years experience with web analytics tools such as Site Catalyst or Adobe Insights and content management systems such as Adobe CQ/Web Experience Manager.
• 4+ years experience with search engine optimization tools such as BrightEdge, Searchmetrics, SEO Clarity, Google Adwords, Moz, Screaming Frog, etc.
• Proven track record of delivering qualified search engine traffic.
• Ability to form relationships/partnerships and lead by influence rather than by authority.
• Prior experience coordinating and managing teams.
• Solid understanding of other digital marketing channels (i.e. paid search, email, social, display, social, affiliates).
• Strong analytical skills with ability to drive meaningful actions from large data sets.
• Experience presenting in large forums and to C-level executive management.
• Master’s Degree, MBA.
• SEO experience for large retail business.
• 4+ years experience in paid search.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.