Part-Time Ophthalmic Assistant (Dr. J. Brown)
We are Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. (CEENTA), the region’s premier eye, ear, nose and throat care provider for adults and pediatric patients for more than 90 years and we are looking to add to our team. We are currently looking for an Ophthalmic Technician. The position is part-time and would provide clinical coverage and assist with surgery scheduling. You would travel between several offices, as the physician, Dr. Justin Brown, sees patients in our Belmont, Huntersville, Monroe, Southpark and University offices.
Dr. Brown is an ophthalmologist who specializes in medical and surgical disease of the retina and vitreous, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and retinal detachments.
• Monday, 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m., Belmont Office.
• Tuesday, 7 a.m.-4 p.m., Monroe Office.
• Wednesday, 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m., University Office.
• Thursday, 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m., Weeks 1,2,4,5 at the Huntersville Office and Week 3 at Belmont Office.
When provider has on-call duty
• Friday, 1 p.m.-5 p.m., SouthPark in the afternoon only.
• Saturday: 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate should be professional, detail-oriented and love being a part of a team focused on providing excellent services for our company. Candidates would have a “can do and will do” attitude and demonstrate the ability to contribute positively to the team.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Assist the physician by providing preliminary medical evaluation to include diagnostic evaluation for clinical patients as well as providing medical treatment and medical care services to patients.
• Perform preliminary components of the ophthalmic work up due to nature of patient complaint and current status at the request of the physician.
• Instill eye medications as per physician’s order.
• Perform diagnostic testing to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patient (when appropriate).
• Provide education and instruction on the use and maintenance of contact lens.
• Assist with surgery scheduling.
• Provide educational and triage information to patient and their families (when appropriate).
Education and/or experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or 1-3 months related Optometry experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and abilities:
• Customer Service and organizational skills, data entry, written and verbal communication skills, maintain positive team-oriented attitude with an attention to details.
• Ability to follow procedures and processes in accordance to CEENTA standards utilizing (may vary by specialty and/ or physician); Phoropter, Tonometry, Slit Lamp, Pachometer, Visual Field machine, Fundus camera, OCT machine, Lensometer (manual and automated), Color plate, Amsler Grid, Autoclave, Schirmer test, Blood pressure cuff, Stethescope, Glucometer
Certificates and license:
• Valid and active certificate from JCAHPO as a Certified Ophthalmic Assistant or Certified Ophthalmic Technician is preferred but not required
Why work with us:
As the largest multi-specialty practice on the East Coast — with 18 locations throughout North and South Carolina, over 130 providers offering comprehensive adult and pediatric care and a full list of ancillary departments and services — we strive to hire the best staff possible to take excellent care of our patients.
CEENTA has earned some of the most prestigious workplace awards, including being named one of North Carolina’s Best Places to Work, one of Charlotte’s Most Family-Friendly Companies and one of the Healthiest Employers in the greater Charlotte NC area.
Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. offer a competitive benefits package including medical insurance coverage on the first day of employment. Our physicians believe in continuing education and offer opportunities for up to 30 hours of free CE a year, plus our compensation model is structured to offer higher wages to certified technicians. Join our team to provide excellent patient care.