Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The primary purpose of this role is to manage marketing and community public relations and corporate issues, including news media pitches to daily newspapers, magazines, broadcast and social media, specifically blogger strategies and outreach. This includes responsibility for developing and executing comprehensive public relations/media outreach strategies for assigned programs, responding to routine media inquiries, providing PR guidance to store/ field management and completing special projects, as assigned. This position works closely with various internal departments to identify and coordinate PR opportunities that help build and maintain Lowe’s favorable image with the public.
• Develops external communication plans and strategies, including support for general corporate initiatives, community relations programs, marketing initiatives, new brand launches, etc.
• Works directly with management, as needed, to formulate responses to reporters’ inquiries, facilitates interviews with appropriate management personnel.
• Writes press releases, proactively pitches news stories to key media and arranges interviews with print, broadcast and online media in the best interest of the company.
• Develops and maintains relationships with key reporters/editors covering the company and industry.
• Identifies and engages new influencers in addition to traditional media.
• Serves as corporate spokesperson.
• Provides guidance to store and corporate employees expected to have contact with reporters.
• Develops and completes special projects as assigned, including writing press releases and managing projects.
• Assists with crisis communications activities and corporate initiatives, as directed.
• Creates press lists and distribute press releases, as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• 4-7 years of experience in public relations, journalism or related field.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Communications related field.
• Corporate, retail or agency PR experience.
• Experience in social/new media outreach, practices and techniques.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.