The Colony — the apartments bounded by Colony, Sharon, Roxborough and Southwick Roads — is becoming a relic in a rapidly developing SouthPark neighborhood, but major changes are coming.
Plans have been approved and the site has been zoned bringing the mixed-use redevelopment one step closer to reality.
So what is coming next? SYNCO Properties out of Charlotte and Schlosser Development out of Austin have massive plans forth this site.
Here is the breakdown of what to expect.
Note it is going to be done in phases and these numbers represent the final product:
- 24.4 acres worth of development consisting of retail, apartments (for sale and for rent), office, retail and hotel
- 990 apartments (340 units for the first phase)
- 300,000 square feet of retail
- 250,000square feet of office
- 1,860 parking spaces
- Tons of open plazas and green space
- Perimeter linear park
- Grocery store
The retail will front Sharon Road and the center plaza road that will run from Roxborough to Sharon.
I’m sure a lot will be made of the traffic impact this will have, but I am all for growth, and I think the design of this is pretty great.
No timeline is set yet on this, but plans have been approved and the site has been zoned. Look for this to begin construction next year and have a long phased build out.