Manager of IT Infrastructure
The Manager of IT Infrastructure will be responsible for managing all data center, networking and telecommunications operations including all assets, staff, vendor relationships, strategic initiatives and SLAs. In addition, the Manager of IT Infrastructure will play a leadership role in defining and executing data center strategies to support the company’s future growth.
The Manager will oversee all phases of CPI’s IT infrastructure from initial solution design to procurement, setup, deployment and ongoing support. The Manager will partner with others to design solutions meeting the company’s needs and ensuring those solutions meet operational and architectural standards. The infrastructure team will be responsible for providing all phases of operational support through the infrastructure technology stack (hardware, servers, operating systems, network and databases) to facilitate uptime, availability, responsiveness and scalability. As the infrastructure leader, the Manager will ensure the team maintains proper operational processes and procedures, documentation, stays current on technologies and maintains a service-oriented approach.
This position will report directly to the CIO. The expectation is that this individual will play a senior leadership role both within the IT team and across the company. The successful candidate must be a resourceful, results-oriented leader as well as a strategic thinker able to turn ideas into action. Leadership responsibilities will include helping the organization to scale its business, exploit fast-moving industry trends and deliver innovation to our customers.
• Lead the IT infrastructure group, operations and strategic initiatives.
• Develop IT infrastructure processes, procedures and plans to support future growth as well as ensure reliability, scalability, performance and security.
• Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols and standards in support of IT infrastructure.
• Set direction and priorities for infrastructure projects, improvements and other enhancements.
• Manage all data center operations, networking, telecommunications and help desk.
• Partner and collaborate effectively with CPI’s IT Application Delivery team.
• Define and own SLAs and monitoring for all IT infrastructure including servers, databases, network, storage, telephony, desktops/laptops and mobile devices.
• Establish performance monitoring and metrics-driven processes to ensure quality of delivery and uptime of IT infrastructure.
• Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers and contractors to secure and manage infrastructure-related products and services.
• Develop disaster recovery plans and conduct testing to detect faults, minimize malfunctions and ensure backup systems are effective.
• Practice IT asset management including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
• Ensure information systems and data are secure while maintaining functionality.
• Promote a culture of strong communication, accountability, service-oriented delivery, rewards, employee engagement and staff development.
Required skills and experience:
• BS degree in Computer Science or related field preferred. MBA or MS degree is a plus.
• 3+ years in a senior IT infrastructure leadership role.
• 5 to 7 years IT leadership experience.
• Ability to lead and develop technical talent (performance management, coaching, mentoring).
• Ability to evaluate and leverage technology, industry and competitive knowledge to apply the most current and appropriate ideas in a forward-looking manner to support the business.
• Ability to leverage technology, people and processes to analyze and solve business problems in a cost-effective manner as well as seek new opportunities.
• Deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment that requires ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Must be a self-starter and able to work independently.
• Detail-oriented, well organized and able to assume responsibility for specific project deliverables with limited supervision.
• Strong experience in vendor management to ensure quality delivery of all services.
• Strong experience in DevOps.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently as well as in a team environment. Ability to interface effectively with senior management.
• Strong experience with service/help desk processes and tools.
• Proven experience with AWS and/or Azure cloud infrastructure.
• Proven knowledge of high availability and clustering technologies.
• Proven knowledge of network and voice technologies.
• Proven knowledge of data storage and backup solutions.
• Proven knowledge of security and compliance.
• Proven knowledge of systems monitoring tools.
• Experience with application development, configuration and deployment is a plus.
• Retail home security experience is a plus.