Junior Project Manager
The Junior Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of managing construction projects from design development through completion.
Primary focus (75%+) will be on retail store construction projects, including new and existing stores, with additional responsibilities including
• Perform site due diligence review and advise real estate team on building conditions, layouts, dimensions and engineering requirements.
• Facilitate definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
• Develop cost estimates and forecasting.
• Develop a budget and timeline for executive approval, manage and report on both throughout the project.
• Prepare bid packages for general contractors, manage RFIs and shop drawings approvals, review and approve materials quotes and level and negotiate bids.
• Manage entire scope of project; entitlement, design, permitting, bidding, contracting, construction, store startup, store turnover and project close out.
• Manage all third-party relationships necessary to execute on construction scope and deliverables.
• Provides ongoing reporting and project progress updates.
• Responsible for maintenance of all DD facilities including, building, equipment and construction updates.
• Manage maintenance contracts with outside vendors.
• Responsible for security alarm system set up for new stores.
• Responsible for quality control assurance throughout projects.
• Any other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
• Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in a construction-related course of study or equivalent level of documented construction experience.
• Knowledge and understanding of construction and tenant improvement process including project bidding, budgeting and implementation, ability to analyze bids.
• Ability to evaluate capital improvement project/issues.
• Prior experience negotiating contracts.
• Knowledge of various construction methods and materials related to commercial construction.
• Knowledge of construction plans and specifications.
• Prior experience in jewelry/retail or related security requirements preferred, but not required.