HR Assessment Analyst (HIRED)
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The primary purpose of this role is to support the design and implementation of assessment solutions in the areas of employee selection, placement, performance management, succession and individual and team development. This includes leading small assessment projects independently and playing a significant support role on large, cross-functional initiatives that have major financial and operational impact at the enterprise level. This role participates in all phases of projects from early project contracting to final measurement and evaluation. This includes leading or assisting with needs assessments and job analysis studies, then developing and implementing valid, job-related and legally defensible tools and processes. This role also creates and maintains assessment templates and content libraries and develops important materials that support the implementation, communication and training of assessment tools and processes.
• Consults with clients, typically interacting with HR and business leaders at the Director level and below, to identify needs and build assessment solutions that help support business unit talent goals while minimizing organizational risk.
• Manages small to moderate scale projects and partners with a senior team members on larger, more complex consulting engagements.
• Coordinates with vendors, providing necessary project information and data and checking work.
• Provides team members with feedback to promote tool/process improvement as well as overall learning and growth.
• Designs and implements valid, defensible and sustainable assessment tools and processes (for purposes of selection, placement, development, performance management and succession) that align with Lowe’s talent management strategy and support specific client needs.
• Builds (or supports the development of) tools (e.g., structured interviews, performance evaluations, personality and cognitive tests, knowledge and aptitude tests, work samples, assessment center exercises, etc.) that target roles across all lines of business and range from senior level executive to high volume hourly level.
• Conducts small and medium-scale job analysis studies to support the development of job descriptions, competency profiles and/or assessment tools/processes (e.g., interview guides, work samples).
• Drafts supporting materials (e.g., process documentation, FAQs, user guides, communications) to help ensure successful implementation and proper use of assessment tools and processes.
• Maintains and updates templates, tools and content databases, ensuring consistent branding, messaging and alignment to company initiatives.
• Supports the design and execution of validation studies, analyzing key metrics to demonstrate linkages between assessment programs and important business outcomes.
• Conducts basic to moderately complex statistical analysis (e.g., descriptives, frequencies, correlations, means comparisons) in support of job analysis and assessment development tasks and organizes data for easy interpretation and presentation to others.
• Develops technical documentation sufficient for legal inquiries and in accordance with the Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection Procedures.
• Recommends ways to improve foundational tools and processes along with the team’s overall consulting approach.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, HR Management, Organization Development, Organization Behavior or a related field.
• 1+ year of Talent Management, Organizational Development, Selection & Assessment, Performance Management and/or related field (internal or consulting).
• Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following applied disciplines: Selection & Assessment, Performance Management and/or Succession Planning.
• Proficiency with MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Master’s Degree in Psychology, HR Management, Organization Development, Organization Behavior or a related field.
• 3 years of Talent Management, Organizational Development, Selection & Assessment, Performance Management and/or related field (internal or consulting).
• 1+ year(s) of working in a retail organization at a corporate level.
• Knowledge of relevant employment law.
• Demonstrated experience with Assessment tool/process design and implementation.
• Demonstrated experience managing cross-functional projects.
• Demonstrated experience documenting technical aspects of projects or research studies.
• Experience using SPSS or SAS.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.