Senior Associate Director of Enrollment Marketing and Communications
Gardner-Webb University seeks an experienced and highly motivated individual for the position of Senior Associate Director of Enrollment Marketing and Communications. This position reports to the Vice President of Enrollment Management.
The Senior Associate Director of Enrollment Marketing and Communications is responsible for developing, executing and assessing strategic enrollment marketing processes and campaigns for all Gardner-Webb University programs that serve students regionally, nationally and globally. This individual works with the admission teams (traditional, degree completion and graduate), staff, faculty, students and both on and off-campus constituents.
• Provide leadership and strategic marketing direction in the development of marketing and outreach plans, policies, procedures, programs and systems to support and achieve enrollment goals.
• Strong understanding of market research, data interpretation and use of analytics to make marketing decisions.
• Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of enrollment marketing and communications best practices including developing long-term strategies and plans to increase leads and conversions throughout the enrollment cycle.
• Work with admission teams to develop and implement an enrollment communication plan that encompasses all relevant audiences (including prospective students, parents, guidance counselors and other influential groups).
• Evaluate, recommend and direct the work of outside creative service and other firms who design and implement enrollment-marketing programs.
• Assist in the development of communication strategies for a variety of market segments that address prospective students, program and enrollment inquiries, application processes and pre-enrollment phases of the GWU admissions process.
• Collaborate with all campus constituents in order to effectively market GWU to prospective students and the community at large, including communication distribution channels, college websites, social media, marketing and public information.
• Collaborate with senior academic and administrative staff to successfully launch new programs, including marketplace positioning and launch/awareness building strategies, as well as contributing to competitive intelligence, working with market research vendors as appropriate and assisting with program launch budgets.
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with lead-generation and third-party vendors.
• Work in collaboration with the Office of University Communications and Marketing to develop creative concepts that address marketing challenges and reinforce the Gardner-Webb University brand.
• Assure that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
• Collaborate with the University’s Web Communications department to assist in the management of the Enrollment division web presence by making necessary updates, changes and applying best practices or adaptations based on customer feedback and competitive analyses.
• Identify marketing innovations and technology to effectively communicate to prospective students.
• Serves on University committees as appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned by the Vice-President for Enrollment Management.
• The Senior Associate Director of Enrollment Marketing and Communications supervises the Enrollment Communications Coordinator and two student interns.
Education and experience:
• BA/BS in related occupational field of study.
• Minimum of 4 years professional marketing experience, preferably at an institution of higher education.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Experience with project management and budget management in a deadline driven environment.
• A demonstrated ability to multi-task and finish projects on time.
• Possess a basic knowledge of enrollment management.
• Experience in working with CRM or customer/students databases as an end-user.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work effectively with a variety of professional, support and student staff members in a highly effective and collaborative manner.
• Solid understanding of digital strategy (PPC, SEO), social media and video content marketing and current communication trends.
• Excellent organizational abilities, attention to detail, initiative and independence.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs.
• Basic knowledge of design, photography, production and printing processes.
• Possesses exceptionally strong writing, editing, proofreading and creative thinking skills.
• High self-confidence and poise essential to position function.
Submit a letter of application, resume and names of three references with contact information to;
Mrs. Kristen Setzer
Vice President for Enrollment Management
PO Box 817
Boiling Springs, NC 28017
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Gardner-Webb University maintains a policy of non-discrimination. No aspect of employment will be influenced by race, color, sex, national origin, veteran status, handicap, age or any other basis prohibited by statute. Founded by North Carolina Baptists in 1905, Gardner-Webb University employs individuals who participate in and wholeheartedly support Christian values.