As a part of our Corporate Communications team, the Social Media Manager will primarily grow the brand awareness of Red Ventures nonprofits, while also providing support for RV accounts as needed. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of success building brands via social media, can write stories, design posts and edit video and someone who is ready to take our brand awareness via social to a new level.
• Grow brand awareness of Red Ventures nonprofits (Golden Door Scholars, RoadtoHire, LifeHoops) via active, engaging and relevant social media content (written, photo and video).
• Curate and maintain a content calendar covering all Red Ventures nonprofits, staying in the loop on upcoming events, news and goals.
• Work with nonprofit constituents at all levels (students, scholars, donors etc) and attend nonprofit events to develop relevant, timely and well-informed stories.
• Schedule posts on a weekly basis to ensure all accounts are active and consistent. Target multiple Twitter and Instagram posts/stories per account per day and at least 3 posts per account per week on FB and LinkedIn.
• Create and maintain a bank of evergreen Red Ventures social content for use across all channels and assist with scheduling posts.
• Create and maintain a bank of evergreen content for use on executive social accounts and assist with scheduling posts.
• Monitor activity across all accounts and social platforms, responding quickly and appropriately.
• Track key metrics like reach, engagement and follower growth and suggest new growth strategies and ideas.
• Exceptional storyteller with proven ability to build a brand via consistent, creative, captivating content optimized for a variety of social media channels.
• Ability to toggle creatively between different styles, tones, platforms and audiences.
• Proficiency in design, photography and video to build robust, multimedia content.
• Self-managed with a collaborative spirit, able to move quickly on strategic decisions while interacting with internal teams to meet PR, recruiting and branding goals.
• Experience tracking key social media metrics and use data to inform decisions. Experience with Cision, Meltwater, a plus.
• Flexible schedule. Will need to attend team events (occasional weeknight/weekends).
• Highly adaptable, eagerly embraces new projects and responsibilities.