Editor in Chief, Reviews.com (HIRED)
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specializes in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK and Brazil.
Red Ventures is seeking an Editor-in-Chief responsible for leading our Editorial team and driving the content strategy for Reviews.com. This position will develop and build a team of expert Editorial and creative staff to publish sophisticated, best-in-class reviews for shoppers across a broad range of categories and media formats. We are looking for a leader with a passion for high performance, creative excellence, structure and understanding the needs of our readers. You will have a prominent role in leading team culture internally and representing Reviews.com as a media brand ambassador externally. This role can be based out of any of our US offices in Charlotte (HQ), New York City, Austin, Los Angeles, Detroit and Palm Beach.
What you will do:
• Lead the Reviews.com editorial team composed of a combination of over 15 writers and editors with supporting creative and research staff.
• Oversee the editorial coverage of the business (website, social media, PR efforts, newsroom, guides, reports, studies and more).
• Act as a brand ambassador for Reviews.com externally in media and with partners.
• Manage the editorial calendar and drive innovation in content strategy and publishing best practices.
• Define KPIs to measure and elevate the quality of our content to grow our brand authority even further.
• Develop and mentor high-caliber editorial staff with professional development and best content creation practices.
• Recruit and develop experts to research and develop credible, best-in-class content across key categories.
• Work closely with the design and data science team to develop data-driven resources, reports and content worthy of media and public attention.
• Explore content partnerships and syndication relationships to increase reach, readership and grow brand awareness.
• Provide thought leadership to the team and assist the General Manager in setting the vision for the company and near-term goals and milestones to reach it.
What we are looking for:
• 7+ years of experience managing editorial strategy and leading teams.
• A strategic thinker, able to understand Reviews.com’s business and create new initiatives to drive revenue through personal finance content.
• Strong track record of being in a very similar publishing role. We are looking for someone that already feels comfortable in the described environment.
• Media experience or a strong voice in social media.
• A competitive team mentality – a willingness to collaborate and lead a high performing culture.
• Comfort challenging the status quo, what got us here, won’t get us to where we want to go.
• Alignment with our Reviews.com mission to deliver expert, high-value content to inform and serve our readers.