Interactive Project Manager
Interactive Knowledge, one of Charlotte’s most respected web design firms, is located in Plaza Midwood. We have been in business for over 27 years and continue to work with some of the most interesting clients in the country. We work almost exclusively with cultural institutions, non-profits and foundations. Our client list includes many well-known organizations that you would love to partner with. Our work is demanding but extremely rewarding because our clients have extraordinary goals that we help them achieve. We are growing. We need additional creative, inquisitive team members to join our dynamic staff.
The Interactive Project Manager position requires at minimum 5 years of project management experience with increasingly complex website and on-site interactive kiosk projects. Our firm only builds large, sophisticated interactive projects for visionary clients around the country. The Smithsonian Institution is our largest and most frequent client. We will hire a very creative web professional who can share and explain their involvement and responsibility for at least eight websites, mobile apps and/or on-site interactives.
In addition to being creative, the candidate must be highly organized. Our projects include a vast amount of content and require extensive discovery, planning and execution of a complex content management system. Everyone on our team is responsible for delivering an accurate and engaging final product. The Interactive Project Manager role tracks content delivery from the client and maintains the process that provides our developers with the appropriate and final content during production.
Other responsibilities include:
• Planning and scheduling all stages of multiple projects – a candidate must have experience working with a team to manage workflow across the organization. The IK President and Technology Director are responsible for managing staff, but the Interactive Project Manager will be responsible for identifying and managing schedules, deliverables, discrete tasks and communicating those during management meetings and staff meetings.
• Content management – most of our web and on-site interactive design projects include large amounts of content coming from many sources, including databases, social media, archives and the client’s current website. We need someone who can create a content strategy at the beginning of the project, plan and schedule how we acquire this content before and during production then take the lead in testing to assure that all content is in the right place and functioning properly.
• Documentation – the sites we create are typically built using the Drupal content management system. We provide high level documentation for our clients so they can continue to update, edit and manage their content once the site launches. We need someone with experience using content management systems (preferably Drupal) to write and maintain the documentation for each project.
• Training – using the documentation created for the project, we need someone who can deliver the training (sometimes in person but usually over the phone or Skype) to our clients and continue to follow up with them when there are questions or bugs in the system.
• Collaborate with the Creative team – this role will work closely with the Creative team and will be asked to handle some design responsibilities including UX planning, testing and revisions. Other design-related tasks including working with the Senior Designer to execute established visual design across additional webpages will be required for some projects.
• Collaborate with the Development team – we need someone who can work with the developers to provide clear direction about design and content files. This role also will lead the evaluation and testing phase of the projects before we hand off to the client for review.
All interested candidates should have expertise in the following:
• The development cycle for websites and interactive installations: concept, proposal, scheduling, design, development, review, QA and ongoing support.
• How to create wireframes, site maps, storyboards, etc.
• Developing personas and usage scenarios.
• Applying best practices in interactive usability.
• Conducting usability testing and reporting results with recommendations to co-workers and clients.
• Project management software including Team Gantt, Gather Content and Pivotal Tracker or similar products.
Required skills and traits:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Committed to the clients’ goals and focused on project success.
• Highly self-motivated, able to work independently and with a team.
• Productive and consistent in meeting deadlines with quality work.
• Detail-oriented and conscientious about accuracy.
• Comfortable learning new tools as needed.
We work hard, but we maintain a fun and family-like environment filled with social events, birthday celebrations and monthly brewery outings. We allow for flexible hours and even close early on Fridays during the summer months. We also encourage and provide the opportunity for professional development by attending conferences and other learning opportunities. Not only do we offer health and vision insurance packages (we pay 80% of your monthly premium), our benefits include 401k matching and generous holiday schedules and paid vacation time.