Senior Web Developer (Full Stack)
Interactive Knowledge, one of Charlotte’s most respected web design firms, is located in Plaza Midwood. We have been in business for over 27 years and continue to work with some of the most interesting clients in the country. We work almost exclusively with cultural institutions, non-profits and foundations. Our work is demanding but extremely rewarding because our clients have extraordinary goals that we help them achieve. We are growing. We need additional intelligent, technical, hard-working individuals to join our dynamic staff.
To succeed in this role, you should be comfortable working on a small team where each team member contributes throughout the entirety of a project. The right candidate is detail- and process-oriented and understands the importance of maintaining high standards. Our team enjoys the unique challenges that our clients present to us and thrive on delivering high-quality experiences.
Working closely the Technology Director, you will lead the implementation of existing technology frameworks and solutions, as well lay the groundwork for our use of emerging technologies.
• Work with a talented team of developers and designers to create complex websites, online platforms, web applications and interactive kiosks.
• Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code, both in front-end and server-side technologies.
• Support and troubleshoot existing applications and websites, resolving bugs, adding features and refactoring code.
• Solve interesting and challenging problems from conceptualization and prototyping, to testing and deployment.
• Provide recommendations for company’s technical infrastructure as well as researching and integrating new and emerging technology solutions.
• Provide technical leadership and support to the development team.
• Participate and contribute to our flavor of Agile software development lifecycle.
• Communicate and effectively collaborate with UI/UX designers as well as other non-technical staff and clients.
• Construction, implementation and enforcement of internal coding standards and best practices.
Required skills or experience:
• 4+ years of full-stack software experience with focus on front-end and server-side technologies.
• Proficient in object-oriented PHP, Experience using Composer and other PHP management tools.
• Experience developing on the LAMP stack, basic LAMP server administration.
• Basic knowledge of DNS and network configuration.
• Experience with cloud-based hosting solutions such as AWS, Heroku or Firebase.
• Hands-on experience with HTML5, CSS frameworks and device and browser compatibilities.
• Proficient in translating complex visual designs and user interfaces into high-quality code.
• Comfortable with Git, continuous integration and build automations.
• Familiarity with agile project management.
Additional desired skills:
• Experience with PHP Frameworks, i.e. Drupal and Symfony.
• Interest in or experience with augmented and virtual reality applications.
• Docker and other containerization tools.
We work hard, but we maintain a fun and family-like environment filled with social events, birthday celebrations and monthly brewery outings. We allow for flexible hours and even close early on Fridays during the summer months. We also encourage and provide the opportunity for professional development by attending conferences and other learning opportunities. Not only do we offer health and vision insurance packages (we pay 80% of your monthly premium), our benefits include 401k matching and generous holiday schedules and paid vacation time.
Send resume to email@example.com with 5-8 links to websites that you have had significant responsibility working on. Be prepared to describe your role and the problems you solved while developing each website.